Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

If that is really done by Dan Gilbert, then you know what, I'm all behind him. I hope he brings a 'ship there to Cleveland before the Queen gets his ring.

I'd hope, personally, that Orlando would win one before either of them, and actually, I hope neither do just us, we keep winning them, that is all.

LeBron's a coward, straight up. Call them the Miami Sellouts from now on... sellout jerseys, tickets to bandwagon fans, and 2 sellout stars.

When Magic and Bird hold up their rings, there's substance behind them. They had to go through each other to get to the top. Struggle. Go through the best. That says something when you hold those rings up. Same with Jordan. At least they'll have their legacy. Can't say the same for the Miami Sellouts.

I hope the Magic at least make a move for CP3 or Iguodala or something, to at least put up a fight against the Sellouts. If we do, we'll have one important thing going for us. We won't be a team of cowards looking for the easy street.

quote:
Originally posted by Miguel3107:

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

Has this already been posted? Letter from Dan Gilbert to Cavs fans:

quote:
A Letter From Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

Print RSS Cavs Insider Discuss

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER

quote:
Originally posted by A BETTER DJ:

quote:
Posted July 08, 2010 11:18 PM Hide Post

I wonder what it feels like to be a Heat fan right now. Unreal.

Probably like a lot of us felt last summer when we thought we stole VC and he was the missing piece...

until we found out that the half amazing was almost gone leaving us half a man icon_frown.gif

um not even close. VC was an upgrade and what not but you were getting a 33 year old Vince Carter. Who yes was an all star and had a great 08-09 season. And we were capable of winning a championship

but the Heat are getting a PRIME LEBRON JAMES And a PRIME CHRIS BOSH. ***

that is such an insane difference. The 09-10 magic were a little different/better but they were not as big a difference as the Heat oh my.

Heat went from Wade stuffing his stats on a crap team to an instant, yes instant favorite to win.

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:
Originally posted by Miguel3107:

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

Has this already been posted? Letter from Dan Gilbert to Cavs fans:

quote:
A Letter From Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

Print RSS Cavs Insider Discuss

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

just out of curiosity, where are all the Cavs trolls? c'mon guys, we can hug it out if you need some comforting...

Changing their sigs to be Miami trolls

I'm sure I'll start hating Lebron and Miami as soon as the season starts, but as a basketball fan, I'm actually really excited to see how this pans out. I know that I'll ultimately want their egos to destroy each other, but this is a once in a lifetime team if these guys figure out how to play with each other.

I don't think three players, in their primes, and of this caliber have ever played together and they probably never will. Stacked draft classes are rare and then having 3 of the top 4 from that class be FAs at the same time and sign for the same team is just unheard of.

That being said, they still don't have a team, and whether Otis makes any big moves or not, I still feel confident in our ability to compete against Miami.

My condolences probably go out the most to NY and NJ. They've been tanking it for years to get Lebron and I can't imagine building up my hope for several years only to have them crushed during a one hour special called "The Decision".

Lebron's still a dewsh.