Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

You know...maybe VC might actually not suck THAT bad this season? I mean who really knows what to expect from him anymore. It is possible that Orlando can indeed improve. We have also never placed Rashard at the 3spot for the most part. this is his natural position. Maybe Rashard will blossom at this spot and we will see even greater production form him. This team has a legitimate shot against anyone in the leaugue. I applaud OS for not just trading Carter away just for the hell of it.

quote:
Originally posted by Walddo:

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

I like Rashard. Trust me, I like the guy (see my location, below). He's a good player. He was a good pickup.

A seattle boy here? Hell ya, go hawks and m's, we should still have our sonics, but yah. I grew up in Mill Creek/Bothell area...

I'm just a bit away from that in Mountlake Terrace. Don't cry, but the MLT Canyons sold out to Mazatlan. *shakes fist

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

We lack another big player who can get rebounds and keep defenses from doubling Howard or just throwing 3-5 bigs at him with 18-30 fouls to use without fear that our 'other guy' will get rebounds.

We lack that slasher/scorer that torches defenses and can regularly get his own shot.

those types of players grow on trees! Let me go pick a few up at walmart.

That's exactly my point, though: if you want that type of player, you have to go after them. You can't sit back and "see how the FA period shakes out."

Those guys aren't left on the board at the end of the day.

It's naive to think that just because there are no reports of our management going after people that they aren't actively pursuing everyone.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

OMG!!

DONE DEAL!!!

HANG ON FOR THE RIDE GUYS!!!

Didn't you just do this on page 580 or so? Silly silly rascal you.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

It would also make me wrong, but that's fine. I want you to lose.

Well, duh, you've got nothing to lose. You're always wrong.

My reputation, on the other hand, is spotless.

LeBron is going to New York. He'll announce it tonight, and everyone on this thread will untangle their nooses.

Can't- *gack* hear you- *cough* about to- *hack* kick the stool- *blargh* out from underneath- *bleck* my feet- *death*

quote:

quote:

quote:

I like Rashard. Trust me, I like the guy (see my location, below). He's a good player. He was a good pickup.

A seattle boy here? Hell ya, go hawks and m's, we should still have our sonics, but yah. I grew up in Mill Creek/Bothell area...

I'm just a bit away from that in Mountlake Terrace. Don't cry, but the MLT Canyons sold out to Mazatlan. *shakes fist

Canyons? Maybe I'm missing something....What do you think of our Hawks off season acquistions? I'm on the fence about whitehurst...but petey saw something in him...

quote:
AlexKennedyNBA

The Lakers are interested in Matt Barnes but source confirms that no offer has been made. Barnes still hoping to work out a deal with Magic.

less than 10 seconds ago via web

quote:
Originally posted by Beast_Mode:

You know...maybe VC might actually not suck THAT bad this season? I mean who really knows what to expect from him anymore. It is possible that Orlando can indeed improve. We have also never placed Rashard at the 3spot for the most part. this is his natural position. Maybe Rashard will blossom at this spot and we will see even greater production form him. This team has a legitimate shot against anyone in the leaugue. I applaud OS for not just trading Carter away just for the hell of it.

and what about next season? and the season after? I want a dynasty team that'll be contenders for the length of Dwight's career.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

We lack another big player who can get rebounds and keep defenses from doubling Howard or just throwing 3-5 bigs at him with 18-30 fouls to use without fear that our 'other guy' will get rebounds.

We lack that slasher/scorer that torches defenses and can regularly get his own shot.

those types of players grow on trees! Let me go pick a few up at walmart.

That's exactly my point, though: if you want that type of player, you have to go after them. You can't sit back and "see how the FA period shakes out."

Those guys aren't left on the board at the end of the day.

It's naive to think that just because there are no reports of our management going after people that they aren't actively pursuing everyone.

Agreed, but there also aren't reports of us exactly landing those people, either. Sometimes a move is painful.

'Meer was one of my favorite college players and I love him on this team. But trade him for Paul? It would be worth it.

Not that NO would pull the trigger on that one, I'm just saying that keeping our core together is fine, but we shifted out 40% of our core the year after getting to the finals, so stability isn't that big a deal, obviously.

Don't know if this was posted yet-

SI sources say Al Harrington was in serious talks with Orlando that recently fell apart. Harrington looking at Utah, New Jersey and Clips. Twitter

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

I want to get Chris Paul just to shoot down Miami's media party.

ME TOO. It's bad enough to hear it through the media, then go to your place of work and have Miami homers screaming championships...

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Canyons? Maybe I'm missing something....What do you think of our Hawks off season acquistions? I'm on the fence about whitehurst...but petey saw something in him...

Hahahaa - 'Hawks are kind of like the Magic: no matter what move they make, I like to see how the regular season shakes out, first.