Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

1. The Magic also don't make anything close to 100 dollars per person in attendance.

and 2. Cuban is also a great business man who runs his team like a pet. The notion that a good business man would never operate a team that was in the red is silly and goes against dozens of examples. Do you have any idea how much money Paul Allen loses on the team's he owns? Yeah, HE wouldn't care, but that doesn't mean the teams don't lose money.

CP3 talks aside, I will be VERY disappointed if we let the TPE expire. If Otis says he isn't going to use it then he most likely will.

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

CP3 talks aside, I will be VERY disappointed if we let the TPE expire. If Otis says he isn't going to use it then he most likely will.

so if you all live by this had he said he was using it you would have believed he was going to let it expire?

quote:
Originally posted by Big A All Day:

quote:
Originally posted by Big A All Day:

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

I have a feeling I'll be too angry to sleep tonight. Hopefully, (a) LeBron is not as big of a d-bag as we all think he is and he stays with Cleveland, and (B) Our management decides to commit some serious money for once to give this town a true championship team.

Otis Smith: " Magic wont overpay for Barnes/Redick "

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/0...tt-barnes-jj-redick/

smile_svgsad.png

So much to learn...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...00707,0,143821.story

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

As an accountant you should know that the Orlando Magic as a team is worth hundreds of millions more than Devos paid for the club. He may operate in a short term loss but the value of the club is well more than he paid for it. Im so sick of rich people crying they are broke but it just isn't so in this situation. RDV made a great investment in this club short term loss or not.

Wait - what side of this do you think I'm on? I'm saying that the view that the poor ownership is taking this all out of their own pocket and being driven into the poorhouse is crap: the Magic organization makes money. I don't know how much, but it's not being run at a loss, I can almost guarantee.

But all that's beside the point.

You look at our HUGE moves and it's...

...signing Grant Hill (who was injured before we signed him, "passed" a physical somehow, then spent the rest of his time rehabbing so he could sign with the Suns)

...signing Tracy McGrady (who was a no-name at the time, played well for us, but unfortunately came along at a dark time for the Magic)

...signing Rashard Lewis.

I like Rashard. Trust me, I like the guy (see my location, below). He's a good player. He was a good pickup.

Just once, I'd like our offseason headlines to be:

"HOLY CRAP!! THE MAGIC JUST SIGNED _______!!! BRING ON TEH CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!"

As opposed to:

"The Magic just overpaid for [player X]. Meanwhile Kobe, D'Wade, God, and Big Bird from Sesame Street (shut up - he's tall), just signed a 10-year contract with NJ for $10/year..."

/vent

I'm just frustrated that's it's going to be another year of micromoves. I still think we have a good team, I just don't think we're keeping pace with the arms race.

When the Heat dissolve into whiny infighting, I'll feel a lot better.

quote:
Originally posted by gatorbait1689:

quote:

so if you all live by this had he said he was using it you would have believed he was going to let it expire?

yeah pretty much

quote:

do people still go by the "whatever otis says means the opposite" rule?

trading deadline last season

Otis: I like this team. Not planning to make any moves.

OZone: ZOMG he says he's not making a move that means he's gonna trade for someone. (insert impossible trades for star players)

Otis: I like this team

OZone: ZOMG here it comes!

**Deadline Passes**

Otis: I like this team.

OZone: smile_svgsad.png

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by gatorbait1689:

quote:

yeah pretty much

the lols