quote:
Originally posted by gatorbait1689:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

quote:

It's always incredibly easy to ask if someone else is spending enough when you're not the one paying the bill.

Where do you think all that money comes from? I'm an accountant and I'm willing to bet that the Magic organization is well in the black every year.

Seriously?

I don't know the number off hand, but the Magic had a player payroll of somewhere around 80m last season, which works out to around a payroll of like 92m. Just for players.

They had a total attendance of 715,901 for the season. Even if we assumed $100 went to the Magic organization for each of those people in attendance per game, that's still just 71.6m

there is a lot of money you are not counting though

lawl, i threw the 'i'm an accountant' line out there earlier and i missed an obvious error at work.. watch out 30assists... fixed.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Tick. . . . Tick. . . . Tick. . .

Those are the seconds ticking away on the trade exception the Orlando Magic received last summer in the complicated sign-and-trade deal that sent Hedo Turkoglu to the Toronto Raptors.

That exception, which is worth $6,864,200, according to ShamSports.com, could be paired with a draft pick in a deal to receive a player who is scheduled to earn up to $6,964,200 for next season.

But the exception expires once the clock strikes midnight.

Orlando General Manager Otis Smith says he has no plans at the moment to use the exception.

http://ht.ly/28T3P

FIRE OTIS AMIRITE

If he said he isn't using it, then he WILL!!!!

quote:
MSteinmetzCSN

Warriors, Knicks & D.Lee have agreed in principle to sign-and-trade for six years & just under $80 million.http://bit.ly/am9c4E

17 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Retweeted by SI_ChrisBallard and 14 others

Some of you are ridiculous. We're on the cusp of a championship... of course I'm going to question ownership's spending if they let our TPE expire, don't look to trade VC, etc. Are we paying the bills? Not directly, but the community puts a lot into the team as well. I understand it's a business, but there's a fine line between spending to fill the arena and spending to win. I just cross my fingers ownership truly cares about winning, because their source of income absolutely does.

As an accountant you should know that the Orlando Magic as a team is worth hundreds of millions more than Devos paid for the club. He may operate in a short term loss but the value of the club is well more than he paid for it. Im so sick of rich people crying they are broke but it just isn't so in this situation. RDV made a great investment in this club short term loss or not.

quote:
Originally posted by gatorbait1689:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

quote:

It's always incredibly easy to ask if someone else is spending enough when you're not the one paying the bill.

Where do you think all that money comes from? I'm an accountant and I'm willing to bet that the Magic organization is well in the black every year.

Seriously?

I don't know the number off hand, but the Magic had a player payroll of somewhere around 80m last season, which works out to around a payroll of like 92m. Just for players.

They had a total attendance of 715,901 for the season. Even if we assumed $100 went to the Magic organization for each of those people in attendance per game, that's still just 71.6m

there is a lot of money you are not counting though

Agreed - there's no way the co-creator of AmWay is running a business in the red. DeVoss is a lot of things, but a bad businessman isn't one of them....

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
AlexKennedyNBA

Source says that LeBron James has changed his mind "a bunch of times" which is where all of the conflicting reports have come from.

half a minute ago via web

so he's indecisive.... interesting.