Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

Redick with Wade/Bron will avg 35 open 3s a game.

thinking about it, how could they afford him if they barely sign their 2 max FAs?

quote:
Originally posted by otis_smith:

If you really thought we were getting Chris Paul/Okafor/Posey for a one-time all star in Nelson (why do they need him when they have Collison?) and a washed up VC (yeah, thats exactly what NO wants for Paul expiring contracts), then you are the idiot. When superstars get traded, they get traded for young talent and draft picks. We don't have the young talent they are looking for and our draft picks will be near the end of the first round, not exactly the cream of the crop.

Vince Carter (Toronto), Pau Gasol, and T-MAC say hi.

quote:

If you really thought we were getting Chris Paul/Okafor/Posey for a one-time all star in Nelson (why do they need him when they have Collison?) and a washed up VC (yeah, thats exactly what NO wants for Paul expiring contracts), then you are the idiot. When superstars get traded, they get traded for young talent and draft picks. We don't have the young talent they are looking for and our draft picks will be near the end of the first round, not exactly the cream of the crop.

Wow..... You really sound just like the real Otiz. Anyways...I'm with you. I dont think there is anyway in heck CP3 is traded away from NO this year. I think the big move the Magic will make is somehow steal a PF in a sign and trade..mainly Boozer. Or if that does not go through Otiz eats up either Arenas or Monta Ellis's contract. Face it..Otiz loves his ex-Golden State guys.

Someone answer this...why would NO want Jameer when they have collison who makes like 1.5 million? If this trade went down, a third team would need to be involved to send Meer to and they would send the young talent to NO. When we traded T-mac we got 3 starters who didnt duplicate any of our positions.

Gasol? Jerry West (ex laker) hooking up his former team. Same with KG...

quote:
I've been told the meeting between the Bulls and Boozer went well and that the Bulls have Carlos Boozer locked up if they want him. Whether they move forward will be based on the results of their meetings with Bosh and Lee tonight and whether they want to enter their meeting with LeBron with Boozer or Lee locked up for sure to enter with a shot at Bosh still.

It's also possible [my own theorizing] that they could go into the meeting with Boozer virtually locked up and present their team to LeBron based on different contingencies.

I throw this out there with the typical "grain of salt" caveat. When news filters down to a small time reporter like me you should always be suspicious, so let's not go nuts with the "Doug said this and Doug wouldn't lie".

No, I wouldn't lie, but we've all played "telephone" and I'm not talking to Boozer or Gar Forman here, so you never know how this stuff can alter as it gets filtered by the time it reaches me.

http://www.chicagonow.com/blog...f-they-want-him.html

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

Everyone, calm down. Rev will be back tomorrow and let us in on everything...

It's a bit disheartening when Otis Smith himself gets his insider info from Rev.

I lol'd

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

yea ellis is nice but not for this team

Otiz loves his GS guys.... GS wants to build around Curry. GS would be willing to part with Ellis if the right deal comes along. Dont be surprised if its talked about in a few days.

quote:

Someone answer this...why would NO want Jameer when they have collison who makes like 1.5 million? If this trade went down, a third team would need to be involved to send Meer to and they would send the young talent to NO. When we traded T-mac we got 3 starters who didnt duplicate any of our positions.

Gasol? Jerry West (ex laker) hooking up his former team. Same with KG...

They'd be trading Paul so they can get some of their ridiculous contracts off their payroll. No way anyone takes Okafor/Posey unless CP3 is attached.

quote:
Originally posted by Swiftraven:

Pretty sure the TPE expires on the 9th London, I could be wrong.

You're right.