Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

btw the deng deal for a serviceable center, is to portland for pryzbilla and bayless

pryzbilla is coming off a double knee injury...

Some of you guys really need to relax and come off the ledge. First off, Lebron/Wade/Bosh hasn't happened yet. Secondly, there's still a very real chance that it won't happen. The chance that those guys will settle for 5 years and 60 million years is totally unrealistic, especially when Joe Johnson just got 6 years and 120 million. I don't care how much you want to win, there is not a soul on this board that would give up 60 million dollars.

So, really I doubt any of those guys is going any where without a sign-and-trade, and any sign-and-trade is going to deplete those teams of the players the free agents would covet playing with.

Finally, just because we haven't made any moves yet, doesn't mean we're inactive. Come on, act like you've followed this team for more than a year. Otis always plays things quiet, whether we do anything or we don't. Rafer and Vince came out of nowhere. So did Ariza for Cook/Evans. Hell, there were only two moves in the last 4 years that we had any idea would happen before they actually did (Lewis signing and Bass signing).

Long story short, calm the F down.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

btw the deng deal for a serviceable center, is to portland for pryzbilla and bayless

pryzbilla is coming off a double knee injury...

I think this deal is mostly designed to allow Chicago to get more cap space so that they can officially sign two max guys.

quote:
Originally posted by raf008:

I'm not Jumping ship either but this offseason is different from others in that players are committing early and quick and each day that goes by another player comes off the board...They can't officially sign until the 8th i believe but players are still agreeing to terms and they are going a mile a minute...i mean take Steve Blake for example Orlando was interested and it just got public maybe a day or two ago and before Orlando fans could even think of an opinion he already agreed to sign with LA and that was the only guy that the orlando Front Office was officially quoted as someone they were interested in Besides Cj Watson but i hope he can pull something off but i don't see why Otis has to Alienate everybody around him including the DieHard Fans who are Emotionally invested in this team and want to see this team win a Title

Chill out man. It's only day 2. Everyone off the board are players we have no chance of getting or aren't interested in. Just cause it's in the papers doesn't mean it's true. Otis wasn't going to pay Blake $4M/yr. Start worrying if its July 15th and we haven't done anything.

quote:
Originally posted by London Magic:

MORE FUEL TO OUR FIRE!!!

Chris Paul is watching the free agent circus, and there may be one involving him right around the corner - http://bit.ly/9EUUxr

Chris knows NO will build a contender anytime soon. Hopefully he's smart enough to realize beating whatever super teams forms this summer, can only happen if he joins the most dominant big man in the game.

quote:
"(Paul's frustration) is very real, very real," said a source close to Paul. "He doesn't see them putting a (championship-caliber) team together."

^^^^

that's a picture of Otis from yesterday. You can clearly see he's not stressing this. Follow his example.

quote:
Originally posted by otis_smith:

Everyone, calm down. Rev will be back tomorrow and let us in on everything...

It's a bit disheartening when Otis Smith himself gets his insider info from Rev.