Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

Saw on the bottom page ticker on ESPN, that Marc Stein's reporting the Griz have offered a 5 year 80mil deal to Gay.

Crap.

SAY NO!

sources say they already AGREED on it.

Between JJ and Brewer I'd take JJ on familiarity factor alone. We already are trying to move Lewis down to SF and bring in a big time PF like Boozer, and also may be swinging for the stars to bring in CP3. The starting lineup of last year could be completely changed at all but one position with Dwight. The more players we keep (either off the bench or moved into the starting roll) to try and keep some consitancy the better.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

At this rate, I won't be surprised to Redick get a 4yr/$32M offer.

Dear God...all I can say is that as soon as my son can grip a basketball he isnt leaving the court until he can hit 3's blindfolded at >50%.

quote:

Saw on the bottom page ticker on ESPN, that Marc Stein's reporting the Griz have offered a 5 year 80mil deal to Gay.

Crap.

SAY NO!

thought he already accepted?

quote:

Crap.

SAY NO!

Rudy Gay has decided to accept a 5-year, $82-million offer to stay with the Memphis Grizzlies, according to David Aldridge, of NBA.com.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

for polling purposes, would you rather throw the full MLE at Brewer or Redick?

neither really but it depends on what moves we make.

lets say we trade vince and have an opening at SG. If Paul is our pg i'd like redick starting due to Paul's defensive abilities that can cover redick a bit.

If jameer is still our starting point i'd like brewer next to him. he can hit the three and play great defense.

I agree with Lewis. Just depends on our existing roster at the time of the decision.

I agree with what you say Lewis, except for the last sentence...His career 3pt% is 23.4%, and its going down(he has never shot over 25%)-along with his overall productivity. And if he is a 'great' defender, I wonder why Memphis and Utah jettisoned him. But aside from that, you are spot on.

Memphis probably can't afford him since they just overpaid Rudy Gay.

Utah moved him to get away from the luxury tax I believe, since they got super lucky with Wes Matthews.

Good point about Wes Matthews, although if we are talking about defense...? Does that cover Brewer's departure?

Matthews looked pretty good when I watched. They had him guarding Kobe Bryant as an undrafted rookie.

quote:
The Magic are quietly exploring sign-and-trade scenarios that would rid the team of Vince Carter and his $17.3 million contract for next season, sources say. Short of that, team officials have indicated that they're willing to further explore more playing time for power forward Brandon Bass, who languished on the bench much of last season. The move would involve moving Rashard Lewis back to his natural small-forward. In addition to elite point guard Chris Paul, who tops his offseason wish list, Dwight Howard has told management he wants the team to pursue a post-up scorer at the power forward position. If GM Otis Smith is unable to acquire Howard's choice for that role, Carlos Boozer, the Magic could counter by utilizing Bass more than they did last season

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

quote:

quote:

At this rate, I won't be surprised to Redick get a 4yr/$32M offer.

Dear God...all I can say is that as soon as my son can grip a basketball he isnt leaving the court until he can hit 3's blindfolded at >50%.

You and I have the same plans good sir.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

Crap.

SAY NO!

h

thought he already accepted?

e has, and he cancelled all other meetings meaning he will take the deal

quote:
Originally posted by kwizzle29:

quote:
The Magic are quietly exploring sign-and-trade scenarios that would rid the team of Vince Carter and his $17.3 million contract for next season, sources say. Short of that, team officials have indicated that they're willing to further explore more playing time for power forward Brandon Bass, who languished on the bench much of last season. The move would involve moving Rashard Lewis back to his natural small-forward. In addition to elite point guard Chris Paul, who tops his offseason wish list, Dwight Howard has told management he wants the team to pursue a post-up scorer at the power forward position. If GM Otis Smith is unable to acquire Howard's choice for that role, Carlos Boozer, the Magic could counter by utilizing Bass more than they did last season

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Nothing new here... We all know VC is on the block for the right deal and that Rashard is working hard in getting in shape to play the SF position next season.

I must admit seeing Bass name come up as a "piece of our team" next year is surprising.