Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

for polling purposes, would you rather throw the full MLE at Brewer or Redick?

neither really but it depends on what moves we make.

lets say we trade vince and have an opening at SG. If Paul is our pg i'd like redick starting due to Paul's defensive abilities that can cover redick a bit.

If jameer is still our starting point i'd like brewer next to him. he can hit the three and play great defense.

I agree with Lewis. Just depends on our existing roster at the time of the decision.

I agree with what you say Lewis, except for the last sentence...His career 3pt% is 23.4%, and its going down(he has never shot over 25%)-along with his overall productivity. And if he is a 'great' defender, I wonder why Memphis and Utah jettisoned him. But aside from that, you are spot on.

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

quote:

quote:

lets say we trade vince and have an opening at SG. If Paul is our pg i'd like redick starting due to Paul's defensive abilities that can cover redick a bit.

If jameer is still our starting point i'd like brewer next to him. he can hit the three and play great defense.

Brewer is a terrible 3 point shooter. I think he would be a better fit with Paul because Paul would get him the ball when he cut to the basket.

I like both players, but I'm going with Redick. He's finally playing up to his potential, and I actually think he could make run at the 6th man of the year award next season.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I agree with Lewis. Just depends on our existing roster at the time of the decision.

I agree with what you say Lewis, except for the last sentence...His career 3pt% is 23.4%, and its going down(he has never shot over 25%)-along with his overall productivity. And if he is a 'great' defender, I wonder why Memphis and Utah jettisoned him. But aside from that, you are spot on.

Memphis probably can't afford him since they just overpaid Rudy Gay.

Utah moved him to get away from the luxury tax I believe, since they got super lucky with Wes Matthews.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by gatorbait1689:

Bosh news

http://bleacherreport.com/arti...h-heading-to-chicago

Stopped reading at http://bl

but... but... its from martin smith

the guy who's broke other stories such as Breaking News: Batista To Become New General Manager On RAW

and

Wrestling-Hater Jeremy Kaufman: Why an Apology Is Needed Now!

quote:
Originally posted by gatorbait1689:

Bosh news

http://bleacherreport.com/arti...h-heading-to-chicago

It lost all credibility at the end where it says that Stephen A Smith says it's a possibility. He already told me Bosh and LeBron to Miami to playw tih Wade was a done deal. I feel so cheap. These guys keeep lieing to me like this.

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Memphis probably can't afford him since they just overpaid Rudy Gay.

Utah moved him to get away from the luxury tax I believe, since they got super lucky with Wes Matthews.

Good point about Wes Matthews, although if we are talking about defense...? Does that cover Brewer's departure?