Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

If you don't get CP3, then you don't talk trade with NO right now. It would be stupid to deal our co captain and Howard's bestfriend Nelson for a player who performed well, but is still unproven, AND possibly take on cash. I don't believe any of that is true. Just someone trying to act like they know more than us. The guy said it was off his research. I wouldn't take this seriously at all. As many have said, as far as a NOLA trade goes, CP3 or bust.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by ohiomagicfan:

Collison averaged more assists in his rokkie year than Jameer ever has as a pro. Collison is a better defender than Jameer. Collison shot 40% from 3. Collison overall had a better year than Jameer, as a backup, as a ROOKIE. He is on his rookie contract as well, making like 1.5mil a year over then next 3 years. Plus you get David West out of this. I think I do it IF and ONLY if we can't get Paul.

Collison wouldn't average nearly the same amount of assists in the Magic. ****, I can't see Paul averaging more than 9.

Oh, and Collison and Jameer averaged nearly the same amount of minutes a game, and Jameer had a nice little stretch that he wasn't healthy.

You also have to understand that Collison has not yet shown he can help his team with his scoring and play making. No matter how good his stats looked during the stretch he was a starter, he couldn't make his team look good at all.

Jameer, when playing at a high level, has shown how good this team could be. And no need to take my word for it, you can just go look at this team's record and numbers after the all-star break and through the first 2 rounds in the playoffs. Hell, even on the two wins against Boston.

Collison could definitely turn out to be a great player, but you don't trade your star's best friend, 2nd best playoff performer, team co-leader and pretty much barometer for a "what if"

Exactly, which is why I want a top tier PF so much more than I want Paul, because the difference between Jameer and Paul in this offense if smaller than the difference between Rashard and say... Amare or Bosh.

Honestly, I would love to see Otis pursuing Iggy. We're fine at PF, and we have yet to be beaten at that position. I think if we were able to get rid of Wince for Iggy, it'd be great. Obviously, I think it would take giving them Gortat and Pietrus and also taking on Brand's contract, and probably Robinson, but Iggy would be great. He's a Super Matt Barnes.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by ohiomagicfan:

Collison averaged more assists in his rokkie year than Jameer ever has as a pro. Collison is a better defender than Jameer. Collison shot 40% from 3. Collison overall had a better year than Jameer, as a backup, as a ROOKIE. He is on his rookie contract as well, making like 1.5mil a year over then next 3 years. Plus you get David West out of this. I think I do it IF and ONLY if we can't get Paul.

Collison wouldn't average nearly the same amount of assists in the Magic. ****, I can't see Paul averaging more than 9.

Oh, and Collison and Jameer averaged nearly the same amount of minutes a game, and Jameer had a nice little stretch that he wasn't healthy.

You also have to understand that Collison has not yet shown he can help his team with his scoring and play making. No matter how good his stats looked during the stretch he was a starter, he couldn't make his team look good at all.

Jameer, when playing at a high level, has shown how good this team could be. And no need to take my word for it, you can just go look at this team's record and numbers after the all-star break and through the first 2 rounds in the playoffs. Hell, even on the two wins against Boston.

Collison could definitely turn out to be a great player, but you don't trade your star's best friend, 2nd best playoff performer, team co-leader and pretty much barometer for a "what if"

Quoted for truth.

Trading Dwights BFF for someone who may not pan out is a recipe for disaster. CP3 or bust.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

quote:

quote:

David West gets us over the hump IMO, if we keep Jameer that is.

If it was possible to trade Carter/Pietrus/Orton for West/Okafor/Pondexter I would think about doing it.

Nelson

JJ/Pondexter

Lewis/Barnes/Robinson

West/Lewis/Okafor

Howard/Gortat/Okafor

i think otis should be fired immediately if that gets done

Are you kidding me? We improve our starting lineup immensely with that trade.

i don't see it

Our two worst spots in the starting lineup last year were the 3 and 4.

West is a better PF than Lewis, Lewis is a better SF than Barnes.

Carter sucked dick and was outplayed by Redick on many MANY occasions, including against Boston.

i'd rather not trade our best asset (arguably) on a 1 year rental player. what happens when west opts out?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If it was possible to trade Carter/Pietrus/Orton for West/Okafor/Pondexter I would think about doing it.

Nelson

JJ/Pondexter

Lewis/Barnes/Robinson

West/Lewis/Okafor

Howard/Gortat/Okafor

i don't see it

Carter sucked dick and was outplayed by Redick on many MANY occasions, including against Boston.

i'd rather not trade our best asset (arguably) on a 1 year rental player. what happens when west opts out?

Re-sign him if it worked out, if not let him expire and pursue other options.

That post from "Skin" (Jareth?) is untrue. Otis is absolutely obsessed with Nelson and thinks he's basically on par with Paul. This is not my opinion; it's from a very close source to Otiz.

quote:
Originally posted by RadiantShot:

Went to bed yesterday at Page 220. It's now Page 270. Is there really that much more to say..?

Summary please.

jareth hates may and listens to obscure bands.

treytime looks like a fat comedian.

jec is a chick apparently.

ball junkie died.

lod killed the previous.

lewis4thewin hates silverhawks.

buttermilkpancakes hates us all.

i'm your tour guide through hell.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nelson

JJ/Pondexter

Lewis/Barnes/Robinson

West/Lewis/Okafor

Howard/Gortat/Okafor

i don't see it

resign him how? we wouldn't own his rights and we're already over the cap. he's not going to opt out to take the MLE for less money.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nelson

JJ/Pondexter

Lewis/Barnes/Robinson

West/Lewis/Okafor

Howard/Gortat/Okafor

i don't see it

can't you extend a contract on a trade?

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

That post from "Skin" (Jareth?) is untrue. Otis is absolutely obsessed with Nelson and thinks he's basically on par with Paul. This is not my opinion; it's from a very close source to Otiz.

Otis is then delusional.