Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Some of you are extremely bored.

Not you, though. Because nothing says "I'm busy" like replying to a discussion of this thread's caliber.

I would think we need to get a third team involved to make this happen.

The best scenario I could come up without a third team was Jameer, Bass, and Pietrus for Paul and TPE for Posey. If the Hornets turned down OJ Mayo and Rudy Gay, there is no way they would do this though.

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

hahaha ****.

seems like otis has no faith in jameer to turn into a true pg.

but i don't see this trade happening anyway.

You're an idiot, like everyone else has already said when a player like Paul comes up you have to look into it.

OJ Mayo is a great up and coming SG for Memphis, but if Brandon Roy was placed on the trade block Memphis would make a call in a second. Does that mean Memphis has no faith in Mayo?

quote:
Originally posted by otis_smith:

Sorry to rain on your parade...

"We are not going to move him," said one team official Monday. "He's our foundation and is not exactly 'touchable.'"

http://www.nydailynews.com/spo...uard_chris_paul.html

"not exactly touchable" =! "untouchable"

There is hope!

If Otis doesn't get CP3 this summer he should be fired.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

hahaha ****.

seems like otis has no faith in jameer to turn into a true pg.

but i don't see this trade happening anyway.

You're an idiot, like everyone else has already said when a player like Paul comes up you have to look into it.

OJ Mayo is a great up and coming SG for Memphis, but if Brandon Roy was placed on the trade block Memphis would make a call in a second. Does that mean Memphis has no faith in Mayo?

Yes it does. They're just settling. Just like we're settling for Jameer. Come on, bro. The dude can't even average 6 assists ever.

How Jameer doesn't manage to get at least six assists on a team this stacked offensively, is dumbfounding to me. It's like he doesn't even try to pass. It's no coincidence that the guy's TL% is in the league's bottom ten for starters.

Wow, what a thread to read through...

First of all. **** Otis, NBA Fanhouse, and everyone else for playing with my emotions. This is my favorite non-Magic player by far, in my NBA Live 2010 dynasty team I made sure to draft Paul & Dwight together...

All this hope and hype, followed by the 97% chance that it will never happen isn't right.

Secondly.. I'm not so worried about New Orleans saying "he is not exactly 'touchable'." When all the Nets are offering is Devin Harris and the #3 pick in the draft.. a pick that won't be John Wall or Evan Turner.

BREAKING NEWS: Devin Harris sucks, particularly last year. He's not even on Jameer's level, let alone Chris Paul's. He's injury prone, pretty much not a top 10 PG, and perhaps more importantly, he's signed for about 9 million a year for THREE more years.

New Orleans has Darren Collison on the cheap. What the heck would NO want with Devin Harris and his long, decently-sized contract for?

If I was New Orleans I'd say "hell no" to New Jersey and Memphis (Gay & Mayo) and their contract offers too! I haven't heard anything that would have any chance of happening other than what Orlando can provide.. the only way Chris Paul would be traded is to a. blow it up and start over young or b. because Chris Paul demanded a trade and gave them no real choice.

Truth is, I don't see anyone else besides the Magic in the NBA except maybe the Lakers or Cavs that would even have the proper pieces to make New Orleans happy.

Either this doesn't get done at all, or the Magic DO get this done in my opinion... I wouldn't be surprised though, if it didn't happen until the trade deadline because New Orleans wanted to pay Vince as little of his expiring contract as possible.

In conclusion, if my favorite player got traded to my favorite team for ANYONE or ANYTHING short of Dwight Howard, I literally might cry.

Or at least do a front flip and hurt myself in my front yard.