Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

It makes SVG Sad this hasn't happened yet for us

I know it sounds silly, but I'm glad it's been quiet. It gives me hope that something is cooking.

Also, I know they don't directly relate with one another, but we haven't heard squat about our 3rd PG. Maybe Otis is just taking his time, who know?

Or maybe he is too busy working on deals.

Also, I was 100% sure Gortat or VC or both would be traded before the start of the season. With the Paul news, neither of those players being traded would be a good sign if you ask me.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

I know it sounds silly, but I'm glad it's been quiet. It gives me hope that something is cooking.

Also, I know they don't directly relate with one another, but we haven't heard squat about our 3rd PG. Maybe Otis is just taking his time, who know?

Also, I was 100% sure Gortat or VC or both would be traded before the start of the season. With the Paul news, neither of those players being traded would be a good sign if you ask me.

I see your logic here, and hope its not just the optimist in me that agrees.

I think VC and Gortat are both going to be used in this potential deal for Paul or whomever else we throw in that is a bigger caliber player.

I think if this deal gets done our 3rd pg is going to be "pops" again. That's just my hunch though.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:
Originally posted by otis_smith:

NO is in need of a wing scorer (as Wright did not pan out). Paul George is a Danny Granger clone, I'm not saying he is the next Granger, but has loads of upside. I think, with this trade, NO is a better team even with a healthy Paul. Plus they have multiple first round picks from ORL and IND coming their way.

PG: Collison (ford)

SG: VC (thornton)

SF: George (peja/wright)

PF: West (songaila)

C: Gortat (FA?)

Peja would prob start, but George would eat up more minutes as the season goes on.

No need to get into why ORL or IND would do this deal. I think its obvious for both of these teams.

ArteJohnsonVerrrryInteresting.jpg

I think in 761 pages, this is the most realistic trade for all teams involved that I've seen yet (the one on pg. 760).

I know Indiana's high on Paul George, but not high enough to pass on Jameer Nelson I wouldn't think.

Get on the phone, Otiz~!

I had thought about this one too, doubt we get george and a 1st from indy tho, but if we can get george then it makes total sense for NO since sf and c are the only positions they dont have established talent or good young developing talent currently on the roster.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think VC and Gortat are both going to be used in this potential deal for Paul or whomever else we throw in that is a bigger caliber player.

I think if this deal gets done our 3rd pg is going to be "pops" again. That's just my hunch though.

If we get this deal done, I don't care if our third point guard is Kermit the Frog, Richard Simmons or the god ****ed Easter Bunny.

quote:
Originally posted by Magic Fins:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If we get this deal done, I don't care if our third point guard is Kermit the Frog, Richard Simmons or the god ****ed Easter Bunny.

As long as its not Speedy Claxton, ammirite?!

Am I missing something? I thought yesterday it was clearly stated that NO wasen't tradeing Paul.

Why is everyone still comeing up with trade scenarios?

quote:
Originally posted by Chase:

Am I missing something? I thought yesterday it was clearly stated that NO wasen't tradeing Paul.

Meh, usually when the team says they aren't trading the player is when it happens.

Lot of mixed messages being sent around at this time. We'll see in the upcoming few weeks. I don't think anything is imminent, but I do believe it will happen.

quote:

Because your spelling of gerunds is amazing.

quote:
Originally posted by Magic Fins:

quote:

Because your spelling of gerunds is amazing.

Thanks for your positive insight....smh

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:
Originally posted by otis_smith:

NO is in need of a wing scorer (as Wright did not pan out). Paul George is a Danny Granger clone, I'm not saying he is the next Granger, but has loads of upside. I think, with this trade, NO is a better team even with a healthy Paul. Plus they have multiple first round picks from ORL and IND coming their way.

PG: Collison (ford)

SG: VC (thornton)

SF: George (peja/wright)

PF: West (songaila)

C: Gortat (FA?)

Peja would prob start, but George would eat up more minutes as the season goes on.

No need to get into why ORL or IND would do this deal. I think its obvious for both of these teams.

ArteJohnsonVerrrryInteresting.jpg

I think in 761 pages, this is the most realistic trade for all teams involved that I've seen yet (the one on pg. 760).

I know Indiana's high on Paul George, but not high enough to pass on Jameer Nelson I wouldn't think.

Get on the phone, Otiz~!

Agreed

So, uh......

Not much else to say on CP3, so lets talk about something else.

What are the posters planning on having for dinner tonight?