Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

Orlando a No-Go for Paul

Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans and may have Orlando as his No. 1 desired destination, but financially the Magic can't afford to make the deal if Emeka Okafor is included. Orlando is already way over the luxury tax line and adding Okafor's contract (four years, $52 million) is just too much.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/feat...=20100726#17566

id rather post this in both threads than start a new one.

quote:
Originally posted by otis_smith:

Orlando a No-Go for Paul

Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans and may have Orlando as his No. 1 desired destination, but financially the Magic can't afford to make the deal if Emeka Okafor is included. Orlando is already way over the luxury tax line and adding Okafor's contract (four years, $52 million) is just too much.

You don't need to post that a trillion times

If we can't make the move cause of finances, then that sucks. But, I think we'll surprise everyone and take on the extra money.

We'll see how this plays out.

Ugh, I go on a cruise and this thread is back from the dead. Yet NOTHING at all has happened, haha. So I guess we're all hoping he demands to be traded here? Even though it WONT matter since they can just say no, laugh in his face and hold him for 2 more seasons?

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

quote:
Originally posted by otis_smith:

Orlando a No-Go for Paul

You don't need to post that a trillion times

I posted it twice, Once in each of the Paul threads instead of starting a new one. Chill.

quote:
STEIN_LINE_HQ

Chris Paul update: Meeting began in New Orleans around 11 ET and approaching hour and a half in length, w/CP3 joined by new agent Leon Rose

less than 10 seconds ago via UberTwitter

All it takes is either Paul or someone from the Hornets front office to be a real ***** at their little meeting today and all of a sudden a trade is inevitable. Let's hope talks for them go horribly bad.

With the info out I don't think it's looking to good for us, I suspect them to hold on to him to at least the trade deadline. He is after all their franchise player and I think that they try to at least see how the start of the season plays out, if they are winning then I think they obviously keep him for the rest of the season but if there season gets off to a horrible start problems with Chris on the court and in the locker room than they get rid of him.

quote:
Originally posted by BlackWat3r:

With the info out I don't think it's looking to good for us, I suspect them to hold on to him to at least the trade deadline. He is after all their franchise player and I think that they try to at least see how the start of the season plays out, if they are winning then I think they obviously keep him for the rest of the season but if there season gets off to a horrible start problems with Chris on the court and in the locker room than they get rid of him.

Why?

At that point the teams offers for him will be as little as possible. The more time that elapses, the more forced into a trade NO will be.

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

All it takes is either Paul or someone from the Hornets front office to be a real ***** at their little meeting today and all of a sudden a trade is inevitable. Let's hope talks for them go horribly bad.

I hope he goes Mel Gibson on their asses.