Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Chris Mannix ChrisMannixSI

Most around the league think Paul trade talk will fizzle. New Orleans has no motivation to deal and would demand max value in return. less than 10 seconds ago via web

!
Dont BE A BUZZ KILL! lets get CP3!

codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"

height="385"

width="640"

>

value="transparent"

>

value="never"

>

name="movie"

/>

/>

/>

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

type="application/x-shockwave-flash"

allowScriptAccess="never"

height="385"

width="640"

src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0V301-BK_U&hl=en_US&fs=1"

/>

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

Brosephs...while I think it's super cool, and totally neat-o, that Paul reportedly wants to play here...I want to warn you not to get your hopes up. I've seen it before...you keep hearing that Favre to Tampa makes a lot of sense, he wants to play in Tampa, Jon Gruden and Favre have a longstanding relationship, Gruden's system is the system that Favre is used to running...then BAM, the dark horse (NY), that no one had heard as a possibility, sweeps in and steals him away.

Everyone knew the Jets were in play for Favre, they didn't come out of nowhere. I remember the Jets being one of the highly rumored teams for Favre for a long time. Also, the Packers traded him there instead of Tampa because the Jets were in a different conference. Like the Magic are with the Hornets.

I dont think this has been posted in this Chris Paul thread. Its from ball junkie.

Originally posted by ball junkie:

Just got off the phone with Tim Povtak...he was at some kind of Doc Rivers function today(maybe golf?)...Anyway, he said he spoke to some Magic "BigWigs"(executives) who said the Magic are preparing a trade package for the Hornets "IF" they come calling.

Tim said anyone not named Dwight could/would be included in the Magic's offer.

Said the Magic would be aggressive trying to get Chris.

Sounds good to me...

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

VC's expiring could be good for the Hornets. But I'm sure the fans don't want to watch a year of VC.

Do you think this team will be better with Paul, Lewis, and Howard?

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

quote:

VC's expiring could be good for the Hornets. But I'm sure the fans don't want to watch a year of VC.

Well, they can also be treated to another 3 seasons of Mr. Okafur...and his wonderful contract!

I'm getting sick of people saying we have no assets! WE HAVE ASSETS DANG IT!

We have

Jameer Nelson: Former All-Star whom I wouldn't trade unless we got Paul or Deron

Vince Carter: Honestly the ONLY reason anybody would take him is because he's expiring. Even though he's expiring he's still owed at least $4 Million for next season.

Mickael Pietrus: Defensive stopper and is younger then Posey.

Brandon Bass: Really good PF who just doesn't fit in Orlando's system. Would be a great back up or even a starter on other teams.

Ryan Anderson: Has good potential to be a great player in this league. Good 3 pt shooter and good rebounder, plus he's a cheap young contract.

Marcin Gortat: A C who's unfortunately stuck behind Dwight Howard on the Magic. Could start on 20 other teams in the league. Good rebounder and is a great shot blocker!

Daniel Orton: All he'd be is a throw in in the deal. Didn't show much in the summer league but he's still raw, needs to still be taught.

We also have the right to Fran Vasquez and Milovan Rakovic.

quote:

quote:

u-mad1.jpg

quote:

quote:

Err... duh?

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

quote:

Err... duh?

Naaaaah... who would want the #1 pg out there with the #1 C... that would be painful... of and surround him with 3 point shooters like JJ and Shard... terrible... terrible... terrible

quote:

quote:

Shocking.