Sign in to follow this  
TheRevTy

Small Update + RevTy Speculation

Technically, Barnes can be signed and traded.

However, because we don't have his Bird rights, and because you can't sign and trade a player who has been signed or re-signed with a CAP exception like the MLE, the amount he could be resigned for in such a scenario is only a small above what he made this past season, which was very very little. So his value in a sign and trade is basically non-existent.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

Technically, Barnes can be signed and traded.

However, because we don't have his Bird rights, and because you can't sign and trade a player who has been signed or re-signed with a CAP exception like the MLE, the amount he could be resigned for in such a scenario is only a small above what he made this past season, which was very very little. So his value in a sign and trade is basically non-existent.

also, his contract needs to be longer than one year.

I asked about the Barnes inclusion, and he said he was told it may take "some extra pieces" and just logically added Barnes as someone other teams might be interested in.

He did add that Barnes is likely gone, especially if we keep our pick and draft a wing.

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

I really like Barnes, hope we can keep him.

Hate to tell you, but don't hold your breath.

I think Jareth has been spot on in his comparison to Mo Evans and DeShawn Stevenson.

Anybody could see our team doesn't really reward role players with long term contracts (besides the guys in FA of course).

Brian Cook

Keith Bogans

Mo Evans

Keyon Dooling

Deshawn Stevenson

Carlos Arroyo

The list goes on. Barnes will fall victim to this as well, despite how much we like him.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Anybody could see our team doesn't really reward role players with long term contracts (besides the guys in FA of course).

Brian Cook

Keith Bogans

Mo Evans

Keyon Dooling

Deshawn Stevenson

Carlos Arroyo

The list goes on. Barnes will fall victim to this as well, despite how much we like him.

Yea I think you are right. Oh well icon_frown.gif

Nice post.

Howard-Bosh-Meer-Lewis (back as a SF), dynasty in the making. Carter may get his groove back after a year with us too ...

The bench is always workable ...Otis knows how to get good role players for the team, but the nucleus needs to be great, especially if Lebron and Wade are trying to team up together...

quote:
Jameer/CJ/JWill

Vince/JJ

Rashard/Rookie

Bosh/Ryan

Dwight/Vet big

Chris Bosh... C.J. behind Jameer... Rashard back at small forward... I would be very excited about this team.

Offensively, that is.

The prospect of not having Barnes OR MP, as well as SVG trying to get Bosh, Shard, AND Vince to, you know... play defense? I gotta say. A little concerned with the idea.

quote:
Originally posted by Noonskadoodle17:

When is it that we can actually trade Gortat though?

still around 40 days away give or take. I'd have to drum up the day we signed him to determine the year exactly, but I'm not inclined at this time...