Sign in to follow this  
MaGiC

Orlando Summer League???

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

http://www.nba.com/media/magic/Game_3_Box_Score.pdf

You better sign Corey, Otis. CDR and Jaycee Carroll combined for 37 points for the Nets.

Who is CDR? Oh yeah, that's the shooting guard everybody said the Magic were interested in that dropped to the second round.

You better get some players in here, Otis. I don't want no free agent scrubs either.

As I said, J.J. Redick had no trouble torching the summer league.

What did he average, like 30 points a game I think?

quote:
Originally posted by Bun B:

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

i can't believe that our 19 year old project didn't go off for 20/20/10 today. who woulda thought that an inexperienced big man would look so inexperienced.

exactly.

the kid is a 2-3 year project, and i'm sure otis knew this when he drafted him. orton is pretty much in the boat serge ibaka was in two year ago when he was drafted by okc.

Nailed it guy's! +2!!!

I was just reminded that D12 went 1 for 13 in his first action! Although Dwight made other contribution and didn't get ejected! LOL!!!

You guys are right, he is a project and probably the best player with potential we could have drafted in that spot. However, some of the shots he took today, I wouldn't expect him to take in a pick up game with his boys.

I agree with you guys as well to a certain extent i understand he's inexperienced as well he should be under his circumstances at Kentucky but he looked pretty bad out there against some D to C+ level players......But i hope in 2 or 3 years he taps into his potential

classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"

id="ep"

height="394"

width="388"

>

value="transparent"

>

value="never"

>

/>

/>

/>

name="movie"

/>

name="bgcolor"

/>

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

wmode="transparent"

allowScriptAccess="never"

height="394"

width="388"

bgcolor="#000000"

src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=magic&videoId=teams/magic/2010/07/05/070510ortonm4v-1366663"

/>

I dont think Orton did that bad.

The guy is a project...but the skills are there. The guy only played 13 minutes and was nervous as heck. He had 2 block shots and played some nice D. You can tell he was nervous because he was rushing his shot.

What I liked most about Orton was the way he seals his defender off when he gets the ball in the post. He has a very wide body, and was able to get great post position all game long..I mean for the 13 minutes he played.

I also liked his aggressiveness. The guy got thrown out of a Summer League game. We need an enforcer...so thats good.

Okay this guy is raw...but maybe 2 years from now he will be a good role player

quote:
Originally posted by Bun B:

If Gortat is traded, would you trust Orton to back up Dwight for 10-15 min a game? I know its early, but he had some pretty brain dead plays out there.

He does look like a huge Russell Westbrook though, lol.

DeMarcus Cousins looks like a bigger version of Rashard Lewis... icon_smile.gif

Not really adding anything to this discussion, I just wanted to say that.

I wish we could stash Orton in Europe for a few years. By the time he is developed, he will be up for a new contract.