Sign in to follow this  
TheRevTy

Magical Update - A nice one

How does the TPE for Collison sound? Apparently Otis is looking into it - and is something NO would like be interested in. This surprises me, but apparently Otis is interested in. JWill would be kept on as the third PG.

The other one, a common rumor, is Gortat and Pietrus for Caron Butler. The talks have happened before, but Dallas wanted to send us Marion instead of Butler - Otis doesn't like Marion's contract. Someone can correct me if this is wrong, but this couldn't happen until a week or so into July, so if Gortat is still on the team at that time, expect this rumor to pick up steam.

Exactly. NO is not sending Collison over simply for a TPE. It'd have to be Collison/Posey or Peja for the TPE. And the onyl way I see us doing that is if Barnes and Redick aren't resigned.

I'm starting to think Magical is just taking names mentioned on RealGM and here and seeing what sticks. smile_svgsad.png

Rev, you are making me crazy with this Collison news (funny that I asked about this earlier today). Do you know what bad contract we'd be taking back? I don't think we could just net Collison straight up for the TPE.

Also, the Caron Butler trade sounds like a steal if I've ever seen one. He's a great free throw shooter and scorer, and is one of those guys who always lights us up.

However, I'm way more pumped about Collison than anything we've heard yet. I don't care if he pressures Jameer for the starting role. The fact is, we've needed to develop a young point for a few years now, and in Collison we get a player who has shown that he can play at this level as a starter and a backup.

I assure you that he doesn't read the message boards.

Here is the exact quote:

"Since the word is that Darren Collison may not stay with NO, and they want to save money, I would think Otis is looking to trade some of the TPE for him. Wouldn't that be something? I also think they are bringing back Jwill as 3rd string. This would really be a heck (edited for family friendliness) of a PG rotation for us."

So I apologize, I presented it as a definite, whereas he presented it as logical. I'll ask if he has actually heard the rumor or just guessed it.

THEE Darren Collison. The guy who is blend of Michael Jordan and Chuck Norris.

I would think they would want Dwight Howard and even then I am not sure it would be enough.

I LOVE the Caron Butler idea. The trade helps both teams and (if I'm not mistaken) helps us finacially with Caron a free agent next year (if we didn't want him back). He's a great fit. As for the NO trade, we would need to take someone back. Posey would be ok, and Okafor would really help us, though I hate that contract.

I was driving home today thinking about where Gortat should be traded.

Does Detroit sound like a good place?

Gortat/Pietrus/29 for 7/Gordon or Hamilton

And I love the Butler idea, he's a great fit for this team. Collison would be a great move. But i don't see NO taking the deal