Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

What do Gator fans think of Donovan returning to college?

quote:
Originally posted by lemonice1:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:
Originally posted by MaitlandMagic:

Stay Classy, Orlando.

Why should we? Billie wasn't.

My fantasy scenario now:

Rich DeVos instructs VanderWeide to NOT let Billie out of her contract, saying he would rather eat the 27.5 million than let this lady make a fool of him. Then instructs VanderWeide to go ahead and hire Stan Van Gundy to actually coach the team.

Billie then would be under contract to the Magic, preventing her from being a head coach anywhere else (including Gainesville) for 5 years.

Her only job would be to get coffee for Brian Hill and Pat Williams.

She'd be rich, but both she and the Gators would be punished for their underhanded workings.

That would be FANTASTIC! I would chip in $5 to help pay the new coach's salary.

WOW, FIVE whole dollars, huh? Now you just need 5,740,000 more magic fans to match your generous contribution and we're in business!

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:
Originally posted by MaitlandMagic:

Stay Classy, Orlando.

Why should we? Billie wasn't.

My fantasy scenario now:

Rich DeVos instructs VanderWeide to NOT let Billie out of her contract, saying he would rather eat the 27.5 million than let this lady make a fool of him. Then instructs VanderWeide to go ahead and hire Stan Van Gundy to actually coach the team.

Billie then would be under contract to the Magic, preventing her from being a head coach anywhere else (including Gainesville) for 5 years.

Her only job would be to get coffee for Brian Hill and Pat Williams.

She'd be rich, but both she and the Gators would be punished for their underhanded workings.

Mr. Charisma, if we've got the pockets to do this to her, I say go for it!!! Maybe a French Maid outfit to wear at games and such too? She might look cute in it....Seriously I want to puke.....

What a nasty group of fans. Donovan is better off without it. Im guessing more than a few angry Nole/magic fans here. Donovan will continue the excellence at UF while the Magic probably struggle for something. btw Why would anyone follow pro basketball now days. Boring as hell unless you like to watch overpaid players go one on one most of the time.

quote:
Originally posted by stephenpe:

What a nasty group of fans. Donovan is better off without it. Im guessing more than a few angry Nole/magic fans here. Donovan will continue the excellence at UF while the Magic probably struggle for something. btw Why would anyone follow pro basketball now days. Boring as hell unless you like to watch overpaid players go one on one most of the time.

Hey, what's new? Another gaytor homer. Crawl back into your swamp where you belong.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

Hey, what's new? Another gaytor homer. Crawl back into your swamp where you belong.

Just like I thought. Only rivals call us gaytors. Did you make that up all by yourself or did Cletus teach you that one. I hope your Magic do well but for God's sake let it go. Donovan realized that his life was up here and not in the NBA. Too bad he signed but life will go on. I guess I realize why you are so miserable you call people you dont even know names. If my life was wrapped up in NBA basketball(especially a loser) I would be miserable too.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

Just like I thought. Only rivals call us gaytors. Did you make that up all by yourself or did Cletus teach you that one. I hope your Magic do well but for God's sake let it go. Donovan realized that his life was up here and not in the NBA. Too bad he signed but life will go on. I guess I realize why you are so miserable you call people you dont even know names. If my life was wrapped up in NBA basketball(especially a loser) I would be miserable too.

You're right, you're not a loser, which is why you're also dedicating some of your precious social time to protesting about how this forum is taking Billy's decision. You guys are probably ecstatic over his decision but us fans are very bitter with it.

I would rather go with the NBA than college anyways. At least I don't have to listen to Dick Vitale all the time. By the way, I did dedicate myself a UCF fan from now on, so I guess I really can address you by the name "Gaytors".

Im serious Magic man. Did you still want BD after he realized it was not the right thing for him. Have you never changed your mind about something. BD didnt go into this to intentionally hurt fans or an organization. I know he is the flavor of the month but I seriously doubt he takes you to the promised land w/o talent. My experience (have lots) is that things that appear terrible usually turn out well after a time. I mean look at UF. We had misery and mediocrity MUCH longer than this magic franchise and finally we realized success that you can hardly imagine.

quote:

Im serious Magic man. Did you still want BD after he realized it was not the right thing for him. Have you never changed your mind about something. BD didnt go into this to intentionally hurt fans or an organization. I know he is the flavor of the month but I seriously doubt he takes you to the promised land w/o talent. My experience (have lots) is that things that appear terrible usually turn out well after a time. I mean look at UF. We had misery and mediocrity MUCH longer than this magic franchise and finally we realized success that you can hardly imagine.

No talent, huh? My, my.

See, here's the thing. He signed the legal contract, committed to the team, and magnified everyone's hopes substantially. Then he quits. That is a complete PR nightmare for us, and the fact that some of the new season ticket holders might ask for refunds makes the matter even worse. Billy though, doesn't give a ****.

He would work 200 miles away from Gainesville for crying out loud! It's not like the guy was moving out of the state, and on an airplane that makes the distance feel like a walk in the park! This was the perfect NBA situation for him, and if he couldn't even commit to Orlando, then his dream of coaching in the NBA will never come through.

Like it or not, you're coach has no spine. The fact that he also had his buddy Shyatt answer the door instead of confronting the ones who answered his frontdoor is enough for me to classify him as a coward.

You had mediocrity much longer? That's because the Gators have been around for almost 90 years! I wish to speak no more on this dilemma. I just want to hire a new coach and let it go by. Although, I do want to see the press conference to see his excuses.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I'm a Seminole fan so if Donovan returns to UF it will be even easier for me to root against the Gators

We may have silly Ebeef on here, but I am a Nole Alumn and I feel the exact same way.

LOL, its good to have something in common. Honestly though, the only problem I had with you was that it seemed like you only posted about how much you hated MC. I have seen alot more of your posts lately and I agree with alot of the stuff that you have been saying. I figure we can agree to disagree on the MC thing and squash it. Its all good as far as I'm concerned.

Ok, you know all about BD because he backed out

of a deal with the magic. Donovan has more spine and toughness than you will ever understand. HE willed his team to the final four with great hustle and shooting back in the day. Each year he and a few assistants would take on the best Frat team at UF and never lost. If you saw him coach in practice and see the respect and toughness he demands you would actually undertand why great kids come to play for him. His team this year was a testimony to his ability to get talent to play for the team instead of the individual. From some of the real nasty things said in here it appears he made a wise decision to avoid the NBA and stay in college. My sympathies.

I wonder how you guys would react if Calathes or another one of your recruits decided to back out of committing to UF? You're response to this won't even be a strong one because even I didn't think that I'd be this ticked off if Donovan were to do this.

quote:

No, I don't still want him now that he has changed his mind. I would have been perfectly fine with Donovan telling the Magic that he wasn't interested in the job after he took some more time to think about it. I have a major problem with him signing a contract, the Magic introducing him with all the fanfare that went along with it, and then backing out a couple of days later and making my team look foolish. I also have a severe problem with him promising Magic fans that building relationshps with the players and organization is the most important thing to him and then he steps on all of us that got our hopes up.

I'm in the military and I just reenlisted for 6 more years a couple of months ago. So you'll have to excuse me if I don't have any sympathy for a man that can't honor a 4 year contract for more than 2 days.