Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Logical Landing Spots For Gortat

What are some logical landing spots for Gortat if the Magic trade him? For whom or what?

Houston?

Dallas?

Washington?

Toronto?

OKC?

As to Sac, why would they want/need him? Am I causing a thread jam by not putting this in the official trade thread? Either way ... ready, set, go.

What are some logical landing spots for Gortat if the Magic trade him? For whom or what?

Houston?

Dallas?

Washington?

Toronto?

OKC?

As to Sac, why would they want/need him? Am I causing a thread jam by not putting this in the official trade thread? Either way ... ready, set, go.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

Minnesota for Kevin Love and filler.

Sounds interesting. It seems we would probably have to give up a bit more talent than just Tat. Then would you slide Lewie over to SF?

In terms of OKC, I'd love to land Harden. Probably take Tat and at least a 1st.

Sacramento: Young team adds a young player WHO has playoff experience. Hawes isn't a defender in any sense of the word (any 7 footer can get a block a game). Most of their frontline are finesse players. Gortat brings some defense and rebounding to the team. I'd want Wesley Johnson.

Plus he's capable of averaging 20/10 and has phenomenal basketball IQ. He also doesn't wash his hands in butter and grease. (This is for Geoff Petrie icon_wink.gif )

Utah: If you're going to lose Boozer, might as well get something cheaper and younger in return. Gortat can play center while moving Okur to the 4 which would form a pretty formidable frontcourt. Or bring Gortat off the bench with Millsap/Okur starting. Gortat brings a change of pace defensive minded center as opposed to Okur's perimeter game.

OKC:For reasons already stated. Young team gets a young piece that needed in the playoffs. With guys like Ibaka to pair him with, could have one of the best young defensive pairings in the league (if Gortat could focus a bit more with a bigger role). I'm with Soul Bro on Harden but I'll also throw in Green. They're talks of him being traded already.

Dallas:Well, they wanted him before. I don't see who we'd want from their team. They aren't giving us Dirk for Gortat, that's for sure. And don't even compare Dirk and Boozer. Boozer has always desired to leave Utah, and Utah isn't a team willing to spend a ton of money.

Toronto: They have Bargs and that's about it, and we all know he is not a "big" by any means. Sure he's tall, but that's as far as it goes. Again, they get a defensive minded big who can chip in a few points over time. Don't know who we'd get for him. Bosh is the only guy worth taking.

It's getting redundant now, so hopefully you get my point.

I don't think Dallas needs/wants Gortat now...Brendan Haywood and Erik Dampier, that's a hell of a rotation at the 5...granted, Dallas could easily not pickup Dampier's final year with that enigma of a contract that he has, but I think they will, even if though, I still don't see the need for Gortat in Dallas unless they go Overhaulin'!

Dallas. I think Gortat and Bass will be traded to Dallas for Caron Butler. And then, Otis and Stan will turn around and give Haslem the same deal they gave Bass last summer. Book it.

Yes in theory you move Lewis to the 3 and have a starting 5 of Howard, Love, Lewis, ABVC, Jameer.

Love is a tremendous offensive rebounder and can hit the mid range jumper. He is also a defensive disaster when paired with Al Jefferson. Gortat allows them to have a true 5 and play Jefferson at the 4.

This is also contingent on Darko of all people resigning. Indications are they really liked him but everyone thinks he is going back to Serbia. Supposedly he has a score to settle with some referees over there.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

Dallas. I think Gortat and Bass will be traded to Dallas for Caron Butler. And then, Otis and Stan will turn around and give Haslem the same deal they gave Bass last summer. Book it.

I always thought you and rtillaree were the same person or brothers or something.

Moving on, I don't think so, though it'd be hilarious if it happened. The 2 guys Cuban wanted get returned to where they probably should have been to begin with. And we make off like bandits getting a legit 3.

Then we sign the "tough 4" we always wanted.

This is a dream scenario.