Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

If you could send one guy packing...

quote:
Originally posted by Sinister_Grin:

I want Vince to be gone because that means we get something very good in return. 17 million is going to get you more than a high draft pick.

Awesome sig lol.

quote:
Originally posted by bigpimpatl:

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

I'd love to see Rashard Lewis leave this team; simply because he has no true position. no matter where you put him he's a liability. Plus he is getting in the way of the development of two young bigs in Ryan and Bass.

disagree i think he had the season he had because of Vince ie not enough shots for everyone to go around. With Vince gone or another capable playmaker, shard will be fine.

Three years into his contract i feel the same way about Rashard...he was a mistake. He was never what we needed. He's a good player, but all this talk of mismatches he creates is overblown IMO. We should have gotten a younger Vince. Even Ray Allen would have been a better investment IMO. Unfortunalty that mistake is one we will have to live with for another 2-3 years because he is pratically untradeable.

quote:
Originally posted by dreamingincolors:

quote:
Originally posted by AQUARIUM61:

I just do not know about SVG. I am on the fence about him. I am just not convinced that he will get the Magic a ring. IMO he is too slow to make adjustments, and cannot motivate the team as well as he should. The better coaches are Larry Brown, Doc Rivers and Phil Jackson. Magic does not have a shot at Jackson, but you possibly get Brown or Rivers.

Let me get this straight, in your opinions there are 3 coaches better than SVG, and there is no way that we would get Jackson, Rivers or Brown so why would you be on the fence about him staying? Rivers will not leave the Celtics (if they win this championship I can't see them letting him go) and Brown have already said he wants to be with the Bobcats, what other coach will you get? There is no way that we'll get Popovich or anyone better than SVG.

SVG is a great coach. He will eventually lead a team to a championship. Jackson, Brown and Rivers didn't get a ring on their first try--I wonder how long it took those coaches to lead a team to a championship? Anyways, SVG has only been an NBA head coach for 5 full seasons he resigned during the 05-06 season only coaching 21 games. In those 5 seasons, he had lead his team to the playoffs and have passed them through round 1 and made it to the finals once, in his 4th season. He has a great record.

I went onto Wiki and wanted to know how long it took Jackson, Rivers and Brown to win their first championship and this is what I found:

It took Jackson 2 years http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Jackson

It took Rivers 9 years http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doc_Rivers

It took Brown 19 years http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L...own_%28basketball%29

So, if you are of the opinion that Jackson, Rivers and Brown are better coaches then SVG (and I'm assuming you think that because they earned a ring) then at least give SVG some slack because even though SVG did not finish the full season with the Heat in the 05-06 season, he actually got a championship ring for that season.

You made some great points. I like SVG- his work ethics, emotions and his drive. I am not sure if he needs better asst coaches, but he can only work with the talent that he has. He does not have the talented players that Rivers has, and from what I was told, Rivers was not that great of a coach while was with the Magic. I am sure any number of teams would hire SVG in a heartbeat.

quote:
Originally posted by QzFiNeST107:

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

I'll start out by saying the one guy I would love to see gone is Pietrus. I can't stand him any more. His shot selection is downright the worst on the team, he's never consistent, and his defense hardly ever makes up for it. He has a talent level that should make him an automatic candidate for 6 man of the year but his bball IQ is at the retarded level. And unlike Vince, Jameer, or Rashard who all at least chose one or two games to show up against Boston, Pietrus was a no show for the entire series and for most of the rest of the playoffs. In the playoffs last year he was the biggest weapon the Magic had off the bench but it looks like mentally he has completely regressed.

I would love to replace Pietrus with a young wing through the draft but there might not be anyone else out there that are of high enough quality. So instead my thinking would be to move Rashard to SF and have Matt Barnes be our primary wing off the bench.

Yes because your basketball IQ is of the charts, you probably don't even know how to dribble basketball.

This team can win a championship the way it is except we need a younger backup point guard....

The key to winning a championship is in the 1 and 2 spot, we need them to shoot well and create shot for others, so Vince and Jameer need to sink that in there heads. We can't keep running down court and passing ball to Dwight and stand there and watch... we are so much better when Jameeer is in attack mode

So I take it you completely disagree with what I have said then? Its funny because you said absolutely nothing to counteract what I said except an insult.

Oh and also using dribbling to back your claim is pretty funny, since everyone on this board has seen that there are JV middle school girls team's Centers with better dribbling skills then Pietrus.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by QzFiNeST107:

quote:

I'll start out by saying the one guy I would love to see gone is Pietrus. I can't stand him any more. His shot selection is downright the worst on the team, he's never consistent, and his defense hardly ever makes up for it. He has a talent level that should make him an automatic candidate for 6 man of the year but his bball IQ is at the retarded level. And unlike Vince, Jameer, or Rashard who all at least chose one or two games to show up against Boston, Pietrus was a no show for the entire series and for most of the rest of the playoffs. In the playoffs last year he was the biggest weapon the Magic had off the bench but it looks like mentally he has completely regressed.

I would love to replace Pietrus with a young wing through the draft but there might not be anyone else out there that are of high enough quality. So instead my thinking would be to move Rashard to SF and have Matt Barnes be our primary wing off the bench.

Yes because your basketball IQ is of the charts, you probably don't even know how to dribble basketball.

This team can win a championship the way it is except we need a younger backup point guard....

The key to winning a championship is in the 1 and 2 spot, we need them to shoot well and create shot for others, so Vince and Jameer need to sink that in there heads. We can't keep running down court and passing ball to Dwight and stand there and watch... we are so much better when Jameeer is in attack mode

So I take it you completely disagree with what I have said then? Its funny because you said absolutely nothing to counteract what I said except an insult.

Oh and also using dribbling to back your claim is pretty funny, since everyone on this board has seen that there are JV middle school girls team's Centers with better dribbling skills then Pietrus.

Insults flying all around.....very constructive

The problem is he's hated simply because he doesn't hit every shot he takes. I mean let's be honest. People are cool with whatever if he comes in and drills 3s. But every shot he takes that doesn't go in becomes a bad shot. That's not fair to any NBA player. Particularly a bench player with limited responsibilities on the offensive end. And don't confuse not showing up with just offense. That's just lack of opportunity. In that case Redick didn't show until the Boston series. The bench is situational, starters aren't. This team has always been about ball movement, until that Boston series when they all froze and were either too stubborn to pass, or simply looked each other off in lieu of their own shots. That's coming from them and Stan, not me. Heading to the bench for criticism is weak. Especially with 4 potential All-Stars in the starting lineup. If it's their fault they lost that series, it's just as much SVGs fault for not using them enough. Game 6, he played 2 min in the first half, Bass none. Compare that to the previous one. When he hit the shot that SVG said was the biggest of the game. But because we don't see anything but what happens on the offensive end that equates to a no-show. Gotcha. That's why Boston took them to school because they value defense. They don't lose because of Tony Allen.

Just for kicks, for whoever mentioned his bad shots, here are the threes he took. Guessing if they were "good" one's, he would've been shooting around 90%

4-7

3-6

0-3

3-6

2-3

2-3

3-7

4-8

Then Boston where bad things happened. Ball stopped moving and few passes even came his way.

1-4

0-1

2-5 - blowout opportunities

0-3

2-4 - 2 minutes in first half

2-3

And all this talk about IQ is buzz word. When guys like Jameer back off of a 3pt shooter when you're up three late. Or when JJ advances the ball before calling a time out. Imagine if MP had done that...........

I voted Lewis also b/c he's not worth the money. I like him as a person but his contract kills us. We could get Wade or LeBron without his contract (minus- a few expendable players) and they would give us consistent superstar play.

Vince would be my second choice for obvious reasons. Between the two, that's like 38ish million.

As much as Stan gets on my nerves b/c of his lack of correct substitutions etc, there are only a few coaches that are better.

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

u guys are way to hard on lewis, it's really sad most of you dont recognize what a good player he is. hes the least selfish player on the team and rarely takes a bad shot

I agree that he's not selfish which is good but he's still not worth the $20 million a year.

quote:
Originally posted by Kris Brockington:

I voted Lewis also b/c he's not worth the money. I like him as a person but his contract kills us. We could get Wade or LeBron without his contract (minus- a few expendable players) and they would give us consistent superstar play.

Vince would be my second choice for obvious reasons. Between the two, that's like 38ish million.

As much as Stan gets on my nerves b/c of his lack of correct substitutions etc, there are only a few coaches that are better.

once again. WE STILL WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SIGN A SUPERSTAR PLAYER OUTRIGHT IF WE DID NOT HAVE RASHARD'S CONTRACT.

quote:
Originally posted by AQUARIUM61:

You made some great points. I like SVG- his work ethics, emotions and his drive. I am not sure if he needs better asst coaches, but he can only work with the talent that he has. He does not have the talented players that Rivers has, and from what I was told, Rivers was not that great of a coach while was with the Magic. I am sure any number of teams would hire SVG in a heartbeat.

I know we sometimes forget this because Orlando lost in the ECF, but we have a very talented team. Their downfall is effort and energy and lack of play-makers.