Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Hometown Kid: Dominique Jones

While I am not going to do a "Draft Profile" for Dominique Jones, I do want to start a thread for him. He is a 6'5'' combo guard with a 6'9'' wingspan who can score in bunches. Having grown up in Lake Wales, FL, he knows what it takes to play with the NBA guys, as he has worked out with Amare, Tracy and others since high school.

I know Dominique very well, and he works very hard on his game and conditioning. He is driven to succeed, as he wants so much a different future than his upbringing. Will he make it in the NBA? I think so, but I'm curious of your opinion. Moreover, I'm curious whether you think he'd be a good fit for our Blue and White?

he's a good talent for sure. he is being projected to be drafted all over the place but i think that once more teams see him and talk that he will climb up the draft boards. would definitely love him in a magic uni.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

icon_frown.gif

I wish you would do a Draft Profile... I bet it'd be a good read

Honestly, I've been a confidant for the kid, and I want to honor that relationship.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

icon_frown.gif

I wish you would do a Draft Profile... I bet it'd be a good read

Honestly, I've been a confidant for the kid, and I want to honor that relationship.

ahh. Well he's definitely a talent.

I have no idea how to really evaluate smallish sg's who score a lot on untalented teams.

Jodie Meeks, Adam Morrison, lester Hudson, morris almond, Jermaine Taylor, Quincey Douby,etc fail for whatever reason

James Harden who completely choked in big games for ASU ends up having a great rookie year and an amazing playoff series against the Lakers.

Dominique thinks he's going to be drafted between 15 and 25. He's being flown everywhere. 11 cities in a couple of weeks. He's in SF right now with GS. I think we could use his aggressiveness off the bench. He could drive and kick it to JJ (assuming he re-signs) or MP. Or he could simply float that bad boy in the basket.

quote:
Originally posted by TheNameIsOrlando:

Your allowed to work out with NBA players while in highschool/college?

I believe so as long as you aren't receiving money. He used to be Amare's PG at the T-Mac summer tourney in Central FL. Amare is also from L-Dub. Tracy is from Auburndale.