quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:

quote:

i dont see anything wrong with this thread...

we could move up to top ten with our talent. big man (gortat and bass)are hard to get in the nba plus we have the te from turk and the late first rounder... te, gortat and 1st pick could equal 4-10 easy... imo

this draft has so many talented big men that can be much better than gortat and bass with much better contracts.

that is why we would add a pick. Picks are also gambles and gortat is a PROVEN playoff ready big man that can scorer with hooks, run the court, rebound, and defend the paint. gortat would be a top 10 pick if he was drafted this year. You got to look at it that way.

our pick wouldn't be a deal changer since we have late round picks in both the 1st and 2nd rounds. it all depends on how teams value gortat. if you're the raptors who desperately need a center so they can move bargnani to the 4, then maybe. but if you're the grizzlies who already have big men better than anything we can offer than it will never happen.

wolfs, kings, nets (pf)and sixers need bigs...

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

we could move up to top ten with our talent. big man (gortat and bass)are hard to get in the nba plus we have the te from turk and the late first rounder... te, gortat and 1st pick could equal 4-10 easy... imo

this draft has so many talented big men that can be much better than gortat and bass with much better contracts.

that is why we would add a pick. Picks are also gambles and gortat is a PROVEN playoff ready big man that can scorer with hooks, run the court, rebound, and defend the paint. gortat would be a top 10 pick if he was drafted this year. You got to look at it that way.

our pick wouldn't be a deal changer since we have late round picks in both the 1st and 2nd rounds. it all depends on how teams value gortat. if you're the raptors who desperately need a center so they can move bargnani to the 4, then maybe. but if you're the grizzlies who already have big men better than anything we can offer than it will never happen.

mt

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

Sophomore season he shifted toward more of a SG role.

Based on interviews George apparently see's himself as a SG in the NBA, but he's never played there before. I suspect most scouts would view him as a SF. At best, he's a wing who will grow into a SF.

I've liked him for Orlando from the beginning because he's a catch & shoot guy with range AND athleticism. Why I like players like him, Henry, & Bledsoe. They fit SVG's offensive system w/o being defensive liabilities & have upside as play makers.

His 3-pt shooting % suffered a bit his Soph season because he became the primary scorer on a sub par team. But, he can knock down NBA 3's effortlessly. Often shot from deep in college. Scouts are taking notice of this guy since the end of the season and he's likely risen well beyond Orlando's reach unfortunately.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

and neither of those teams will give up their high lottery picks for gortat, bass, anderson, or anyone else you can think of

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:

Sophomore season he shifted toward more of a SG role.

Based on interviews George apparently see's himself as a SG in the NBA, but he's never played there before. I suspect most scouts would view him as a SF. At best, he's a wing who will grow into a SF.

I've liked him for Orlando from the beginning because he's a catch & shoot guy with range AND athleticism. Why I like players like him, Henry, & Bledsoe. They fit SVG's offensive system w/o being defensive liabilities & have upside as play makers.

His 3-pt shooting % suffered a bit his Soph season because he became the primary scorer on a sub par team. But, he can knock down NBA 3's effortlessly. Often shot from deep in college. Scouts are taking notice of this guy since the end of the season and he's likely risen well beyond Orlando's reach unfortunately.

i agree. i also like his ability to get to the line. He only really did it when motivated, but thats something he can improve on his rookie year.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

and neither of those teams will give up their high lottery picks for gortat, bass, anderson, or anyone else you can think of

that is why you add pick(s) and/or the te

quote:

Gortat is already better than Cole Aldrich. Aldrich is projected somewhere between 7-11

and with picks and te... again we can move up...

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

that is why you add pick(s) and/or the te

and once again our picks aren't valuable enough to be a difference maker in a trade scenario