Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Draft Profile: Paul George

Not a whole lot is known about Paul George as there weren't a lot of televised Fresno State games in the last two years.

PG's freshman season he was used some as a PF due to his length. He had several 20 point games; several double figure rebound games. His most impressive games were 25 points and 10 rebounds against St. Mary's and 29 points and 10 rebounds against Boise St.

Averaged 14.3 ppg 6.2 rpg 1.9 apg on 47% fg 44.7% 3pt 70%ft

Sophomore season he shifted toward more of a SG role. He had a great ability to get to the ft line. Had games with 10ft attempts, 12 ft attempts, 17 ft attempts. Shot 90% ft on the season. Put up 30 against new mexico state. Hit 59 threes.

Averaged 16.8ppg 7.2rpg 3.0apg

quote:
Of all the players in this draft, none elicits as wide a range of responses from NBA talent evaluators as Fresno State sophomore Paul George.An extremely late bloomer from the out of reach desert town of Palmdale, California who was completely overlooked by Pac-10 teams after being deemed a two-star high school recruit, George is fairly young for his class and appears to have a huge amount of room to grow as a prospect.

As we quickly found out while watching him work out in Southern California, George is an incredibly tantalizing prospect to watch in person due to his physical tools, versatile skills and considerable upside.

The first thing you notice is that he is much bigger than the 6-7, 190 pounds he was listed at in high school (or even the 6-8 that Fresno State pegged him as), measuring a legit 6-9 in shoes with a solid 6-11

wouldn't it be better to make threads regarding draft picks that we have a chance to grab given our current draft pick?

unless otis is going to push hard for a higher pick i don't see the point in discussing a lottery pick guy.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

wouldn't it be better to make threads regarding draft picks that we have a chance to grab given our current draft pick?

unless otis is going to push hard for a higher pick i don't see the point in discussing a lottery pick guy.

ill end up making those once we figure out what we're going to do or who we like. I dont feel like making irrelevant posts on Jordan Crawford and Quincy Pondexter if we have no interest in keeping the pick.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

ill end up making those once we figure out what we're going to do or who we like. I dont feel like making irrelevant posts on Jordan Crawford and Quincy Pondexter if we have no interest in keeping the pick.

i guess we could engage in discussion about how we can go about obtaining this lottery pick as well. it's nice to discuss the player as a whole but we need to first get this lottery pick.

draft express has the grizzlies picking george at 12 so we can either trade with the hornets at 11 or the grizz at 12.

quote:

Thats what I'm thinking,

anyway therevty just said we might be interested in wesley johnson he didnt say paul george

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

i guess we could engage in discussion about how we can go about obtaining this lottery pick as well. it's nice to discuss the player as a whole but we need to first get this lottery pick.

draft express has the grizzlies picking george at 12 so we can either trade with the hornets at 11 or the grizz at 12.

Well we've been talking about trading gortat for the lotto pick to select Wesley Johnson. If we can't move up high enough then Paul George is the next best swingman. Really we could trade up anywhere between 7-12 and potentially grab him.

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

quote:

Thats what I'm thinking,

anyway therevty just said we might be interested in wesley johnson he didnt say paul george

we're not getting a top 5 pick with anyone we have. we have a better chance of trading gortat+filler to toronto for filler+13th pick.

i dont see anything wrong with this thread...

we could move up to top ten with our talent. big man (gortat and bass)are hard to get in the nba plus we have the te from turk and the late first rounder... te, gortat and 1st pick could equal 4-10 easy... imo

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

we could move up to top ten with our talent. big man (gortat and bass)are hard to get in the nba plus we have the te from turk and the late first rounder... te, gortat and 1st pick could equal 4-10 easy... imo

this draft has so many talented big men that can be much better than gortat and bass with much better contracts.

quote:

quote:

this draft has so many talented big men that can be much better than gortat and bass with much better contracts.

that is why we would add a pick. Picks are also gambles and gortat is a PROVEN playoff ready big man that can scorer with hooks, run the court, rebound, and defend the paint. gortat would be a top 10 pick if he was drafted this year. You got to look at it that way.

quote:

quote:

quote:

that is why we would add a pick. Picks are also gambles and gortat is a PROVEN playoff ready big man that can scorer with hooks, run the court, rebound, and defend the paint. gortat would be a top 10 pick if he was drafted this year. You got to look at it that way.

our pick wouldn't be a deal changer since we have late round picks in both the 1st and 2nd rounds. it all depends on how teams value gortat. if you're the raptors who desperately need a center so they can move bargnani to the 4, then maybe. but if you're the grizzlies who already have big men better than anything we can offer than it will never happen.