Sign in to follow this  
Raven1

Jameer for 6th man of the year in 2010/11

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Dude, you said BRANDON JENNINGS and AARON BROOKS and JRUE ****ING HOLIDAY were better than Jameer.

Someone ban this kid now.

Common sense prevails.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

The Jameer we got in the playoffs is a top 10 PG. Will he play like it all season? I don't know, he didn't play like a top 10 PG in the regular season. But in no way does he come off the bench or get traded (unless we can get Chris Paul or something....), Jameer is a good player, and I enjoy having him here.

Also....Jrue Holliday? Really? What is wrong with you people person

Fixed.

PrematureShooter(lol), I would say Chauncy Billups IS an improved player over Jameer. I don't get how you can debate that? Someone convince me please, cause I might b losing my mind.

First of all, Billups still takes it to Jameer each time they play. Not saying I would trade one for the either, but it goes along the same train of thought as the Kidd comments...even with their declining abilities they still put together a better all around game compared to Jameer.

And secondly, has anyone actually SEEN Holiday play for more than the 3 times they played orlando? He is all star caliber, not only that-but multiple allstar caliber. He already has a better pure point rating than Jameer, and his per 36 minute averages blow jameer's out of the water. This is all without a dominant big man-and he is young. He has great size, plays good D and can shoot atleast as well if not better than Jameer.

Its funny that my intelligence gets questioned when some of you guys making the claims are spouting off complete ignorance...

quote:
Originally posted by PrematureShooter:

quote:

Dude, you said BRANDON JENNINGS and AARON BROOKS and JRUE ****ING HOLIDAY were better than Jameer.

Common sense prevails.

Reading comprehension and non-magical blinders prevail.

Jennings IS better than Jameer...I would even go so far as to say considerably better-if you think otherwise then you are either a homer or dont watch anything other than magic basketball. I never said Brooks was better, I said he is an intersting prospect to keep an eye on- even though he does a lot of things better than Jameer already...and you heard it here first apparently: Jrue Holiday(barring being a complete headcase or career ending injury) is atleast a single time allstar, if not more before his career is done. Although I cant take credit for that because I have heard consensus from people with respectable opinions that Jrue Holiday is a surefire talent.

I dont have a problem with having an unpopular opinion, but I am right far more than I am wrong. And this name calling is bordering on childish. If you dont agree explain why you dont, not just 'god no' or 'common sense prevails'. And no offense, but when it comes to basketball, my sense is NOT common...and that is a good thing because most people dont know their *** from their elbow when it comes to basketball here(and most everywhere)

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

First of all, Billups still takes it to Jameer each time they play. Not saying I would trade one for the either, but it goes along the same train of thought as the Kidd comments...even with their declining abilities they still put together a better all around game compared to Jameer.

And secondly, has anyone actually SEEN Holiday play for more than the 3 times they played orlando? He is all star caliber, not only that-but multiple allstar caliber. He already has a better pure point rating than Jameer, and his per 36 minute averages blow jameer's out of the water. This is all without a dominant big man-and he is young. He has great size, plays good D and can shoot atleast as well if not better than Jameer.

Its funny that my intelligence gets questioned when some of you guys making the claims are spouting off complete ignorance...

per36 jrue holiday: 12/5.7/1.6 on 44%/39%/75%

per36 jameer nelson: 15.8/6.8/0.9 on 44%/38%/84%

jameer nelson last season: 12.6/5.4/0.7 on 44%/38%/84%

how exactly do holiday's per 36 blow jameer out of the water?

quote:

Jrue's best month was March. He averaged 13 pts and 5.5 assists in 35 mpg.

Jameer matched those stats (12.6ppg 5.4 apg) during the 65 regular season games in 7 less minutes per game.

Since we're cherry picking stats here lets look at Jameer's rookie year. Jameer as a starter his rookie year averaged 15.7ppg and 5.2 apg over 21 games.

Jrue as a starter averaged 9.7ppg and 4.7apg

So playing on a bad team where he could get a lot of shot attempts helped jameer but hurt Jrue. Yeah, lets trade for Jrue Holiday

quote:

quote:

quote:

Common sense prevails.

Jennings IS better than Jameer...I would even go so far as to say considerably better-if you think otherwise then you are either a homer or dont watch anything other than magic basketball. I never said Brooks was better, I said he is an intersting prospect to keep an eye on- even though he does a lot of things better than Jameer already...and you heard it here first apparently: Jrue Holiday(barring being a complete headcase or career ending injury) is atleast a single time allstar, if not more before his career is done. Although I cant take credit for that because I have heard consensus from people with respectable opinions that Jrue Holiday is a surefire talent.

I dont have a problem with having an unpopular opinion, but I am right far more than I am wrong. And this name calling is bordering on childish. If you dont agree explain why you dont, not just 'god no' or 'common sense prevails'. And no offense, but when it comes to basketball, my sense is NOT common...and that is a good thing because most people dont know their *** from their elbow when it comes to basketball here(and most everywhere)

JENNINGS SHOT 37% FG's FOR THE SEASON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jameer shot 38% FROM THREE POINT RANGE this season

quote:
Originally posted by sharp[7]shooter:

PrematureShooter(lol), I would say Chauncy Billups IS an improved player over Jameer. I don't get how you can debate that? Someone convince me please, cause I might b losing my mind.

Billups, in my mind, would no longer be an upgrade over Jameer. I know that sounds weird since all of us were tortured for years by Detroit's dominance over us, mainly as a side effect of Chauncey's play.

Nearly all of my extended family lives in Denver, so I end up watching a lot of Nuggets basketball on league pass. Chauncey has easily become one of the worst chuckers in the NBA, to the point where Melo was noticeably annoyed by not getting the ball enough toward the end of the season and into the Utah series. A lot of what I heard through my relatives was that a good portion of Denver fans were fed up with his pullup 3s, iso postup possessions where no one else touched the ball, and contested jumpers with time left on the shotclock. Seemingly the "Mr. Big Shot" moniker has gone to his head a little too much, although he has certainly earned that nickname over the years.

I've despised Billups for years due to his role in Detroit killing us, but honestly I don't think at this point in his career he would help our team more than Jameer can.

As for Jrue Holiday, I don't even feel the need to address that. They guy's gonna be a good player, maybe a future all-star, but he's not in Jameer's class.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Common sense prevails.

JENNINGS SHOT 37% FG's FOR THE SEASON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jameer shot 38% FROM THREE POINT RANGE this season

3811055786_b51d292cde.jpg

Jennings fooled everyone into thinking he was good because he scored 55 points against the Warriors. He shot a horrible percentage all year long.

Don't get me wrong, he's talented and has a bright future. But the Bucks playoff season was more because of Andrew Bogut and John Salmons. Also they had some underrated pickups like Carlos Delfino and Ersan Iylasova.