Sign in to follow this  
Raven1

Jameer for 6th man of the year in 2010/11

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Put arguably our best all-around playoff performer on the bench. That sounds swell.

Yeah, but he doesn't average 8 apg. Therefore, he sucks.

Interesting?? Ha-ha

Putting him on the bench would mean acquiring a better point guard. Idk how you see us doing that, unless you want a pg that's clearly not better than Jameer starting over him.

quote:
Originally posted by Leoben:

It would be fun to have good big point guard and play him with Jameer together. Something like Rodney Stuckey.

Rondey will be great, but no way to Pistons let him go.

quote:

It would be fun to have good big point guard and play him with Jameer together. Something like Rodney Stuckey.

thats where joe johnson becomes valuable.

no this years team was not a good passing team. i stan corrected on that.

and no one is saying that in order for jameer to be a good pg he has to be cp3, dwill, rondo, and nash. hes a below average play maker and passer. he over-dribbles and has a hard time finding the open the man. his court vision is just terrible.

and jwill is past his prime. dude is 34 and is not as productive as he was back in his day. so that argument is null and void.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

thats where joe johnson becomes valuable.

Agreed. A Johnson and Nelson combination would be perfect. Johnson has extremely good court vision and is a great passer while Jameer is a great scorer.

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

and no one is saying that in order for jameer to be a good pg he has to be cp3, dwill, rondo, and nash. hes a below average play maker and passer. he over-dribbles and has a hard time finding the open the man. his court vision is just terrible.

and jwill is past his prime. dude is 34 and is not as productive as he was back in his day. so that argument is null and void.

I have to question your basketball IQ. People who have continuously said jameer is a bad passer are MISINFORMED. Jameer has shown he can make any kind of pass at will when he drives to the lane and kicks, or throws up the alley-oop to dwight. I have seen some of the most amazing passes from jameer in games 3,4,5 of the ECF. Literally throwing the ball from behind the backboard to people. We need an aggressive pg who can be a threat offensively as well....jameer brings that to the table. Saying he is a below average passer I have to say you are out of your mind if you think that. He is a great passer, he just chooses to be a shooter over a passer 6/10 times probably. Game 4 of the ECF proves when jameer is playing at his best this team is close to unbeatable. That was when our supposed best scorer had "3" points-VC. He had 9 assists I believe and many drive and kicks that weren't accounted for as assists due to another swing of the ball but he was the catalyst of almost every shot made in that game, go back and watch it on DVR. Oh and to all the JWill fan boys or even the people who think this- JWILL IS NOT A PASS FIRST POINT GUARD. How many times did Jwill walk up the court and pop a three or a quick jumper with NOBODY down low to get the rebound? Countless times in the playoffs. If you think Jwill is a pass first point guard....the playoffs did not prove that and you are all misinformed.

All this jameer hate after he was arguably the best player on our team in the playoffs, actually I'll say it. HE WAS THE BEST PLAYER. Laughable.

Nelson proved a lot to me these playoffs(from an offensive standpoint atleast). I was never a hater of his or anything, but like others have said his injuries have worn on me.

Aside from his poor defensive abilities, the only real knock I have on him skill wise is that he does NOT have good court vision. He might be able to pass it in to dwight well enough but he is definitely a sg in a pg's body. Anyone should be able to find Dwight, thats no credit to Jameer.

That all being said, he showed tremendous heart these playoffs and for that reason alone I dont really care what his title on the floor is, he should be on it regardless. Unfortunately for us the only other wing to show anything positive in my opinion these playoffs was Redick. I dont love the combination of the two together very much, Nelson can never seem to find Redick even when he is jumping up and down waving his arms wide open-and Redick cant cover up Nelson's defensive liabilities on the perimeter either.

Honestly I feel like Jameer needs to step up his game this summer a lot, namely his passing. He has quick feet so I think his D is what it is. Redick needs improvement as well, but he has shown more improvement than Jameer has to this point.

But they are two of the bright spots right now. That being said, Jameer is expendable for the right PG...or a top draft pick.

Jameer is a lot like Brett Favre. He IS a great passer and DOES have great court vision. The thing he does that confuses the less intelligent fan is he likes to be a bit of a gunslinger at times, which results in turnovers every now and then. I like the risk taking part of Jameer's game though.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDelight:

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

I have to question your basketball IQ. People who have continuously said jameer is a bad passer are MISINFORMED. Jameer has shown he can make any kind of pass at will when he drives to the lane and kicks, or throws up the alley-oop to dwight. I have seen some of the most amazing passes from jameer in games 3,4,5 of the ECF. Literally throwing the ball from behind the backboard to people. We need an aggressive pg who can be a threat offensively as well....jameer brings that to the table. Saying he is a below average passer I have to say you are out of your mind if you think that. He is a great passer, he just chooses to be a shooter over a passer 6/10 times probably. Game 4 of the ECF proves when jameer is playing at his best this team is close to unbeatable. That was when our supposed best scorer had "3" points-VC. He had 9 assists I believe and many drive and kicks that weren't accounted for as assists due to another swing of the ball but he was the catalyst of almost every shot made in that game, go back and watch it on DVR. Oh and to all the JWill fan boys or even the people who think this- JWILL IS NOT A PASS FIRST POINT GUARD. How many times did Jwill walk up the court and pop a three or a quick jumper with NOBODY down low to get the rebound? Countless times in the playoffs. If you think Jwill is a pass first point guard....the playoffs did not prove that and you are all misinformed.

All this jameer hate after he was arguably the best player on our team in the playoffs, actually I'll say it. HE WAS THE BEST PLAYER. Laughable.

blah blah blah. thats all i'm seeing here. post is filled with garbage. you're questioning my bball iq? laughable.

he looked like a play maker and passer because he is the only one on the team that does it. that doesn't exactly mean he's good at it. he struggles to make plays and pass the ball. thats why he gets accused of over dribbling. he gets lost on making plays. there was maybe 2 games in the ecf where he actually looked like a point guard. other than that jameer is an undersized shooting guard.

i love how you're mentioning the game where he had 9 assists as a reason to say he's a great pg. wow. 1 game changes everything right?