Sign in to follow this  
TheRevTy

Update from Magical

quote:
Originally posted by Chase:

Loseing Barnes would suck hard. icon_frown.gif

Losing Barnes would be even worse.

I'm all for Boozer. A lot of people on here wouldn't welcome it, but a proven scorer is what we need and Boozer is that. Another rebounder couldn't hurt either.

Plus he's a great pick 'n' roll player. Imagine Dwight staying in the post while Boozer comes and sets a pick for Jameer. How does a team guard that?

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

I'm all for Boozer. A lot of people on here wouldn't welcome it, but a proven scorer is what we need and Boozer is that.

The same was said about VC.

So what I'm getting here is:

Dwight/Signee

Amare/Signee

Rashard/Signee

JJ or Pick

Jameer/Signee

Starting unit is cool. Still no go-to scorer at SG that I believe this team needs. But it's cool.

As for the rest, there are an awful lot of gaps...particularly for a team so far into the tax.

Just to clarify, these are all "War Room" discussions. In other words, these all depend on whether the other teams play along. None of these things are certain to occur simply because there are variables. But they are all things the team is looking into. They very well may go for, say, Rudy Gay instead.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

YFP, you forgot Gilbert Arenas. And likely one of Bass or Anderson would be kept to back-up PF.

Ahhh gotcha. That looks more promising.

I think Jameer, especially with how he was playing in the playoffs, could somewhat be our go to scorer. The main problem is that he's not good enough to the point where he is able to take over a game regardless of who is guarding him (Like Wade, LeBron, Dirk), but he can hit big shots and make big plays. If this team can't acquire a wing like Wade/Roy, then they need to do the next best thing, which is get another guy who puts up 20+ when needed.

If we can have 3 players consistently putting up 20+ pts, that would actually be a lot better, since it's harder to game plan for that. This year, we didn't have that. In fact, we had major disadvantage at SG and SF, and our PG and C weren't able to overcome it (I'm not including Lewis because he and KG pretty much canceled each other out).

I don't know... obviously it would be incredible to get Wade or Roy in here... even Granger/Gay, but if not, it's not like the world end. With a guy CONSISTENT enough putting up 15-25 pts, Howard, Nelson, and fluless Lewis would be able to do the rest.

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoMagicFan:

^^^LOL Brandon Roy is Orlando would be a dream come true for me, but he is virtually untouchable. Blazers wont even take Kobe for him lol

Most GMs would be crazy to take Kobe over Roy. The guy is such a stud... and he does it all with the same amount of touches Carter got all year.

It'd be great if Otis could dig up some serious dirt on their owners/GM and blackmail them or if he pulled a Wince and demanded to be traded... to the Magic