Sign in to follow this  
TheRevTy

Update from Magical

I'm not sure if this belongs elsewhere, but I've had some people ask me to start a new thread when I heard from Magical, so here you go.

Boozer is someone the Magic have had their eye on for a while, and vice versa. Everytime he comes into town, he spends at least half a day at RDV working out and shooting around with Dwight. However, he (Magical) isn't sure that the Jazz would be interested in what we've got - partly because he isn't sure if they are looking to sign and trade. They may just want to let the salary come off the books and use Millsap.

However, and I quote, "The Amar'e possibility is very real because the Suns may bite on getting something back instead of just walking. It depends what other teams offer."

As for Vince, Otis isn't happy with him, not just because he let the team down in the playoffs, but because his trade value is rock bottom right now. He's not worth the salary he'll get paid this year, so teams may be hesitant to take on his salary for the full season. Hence the "anticipate him back" comments (can't say we'll shop him only to find no good offers and keep him...)

And, as I said elsewhere, IF Gilbert Arenas gets bought out, Otis will have a long sit down with him to figure out where he is at as a person. If this situation has caused him to mature, he could be a cheap player who can make a huge impact.

I'm not sure if this belongs elsewhere, but I've had some people ask me to start a new thread when I heard from Magical, so here you go.

Boozer is someone the Magic have had their eye on for a while, and vice versa. Everytime he comes into town, he spends at least half a day at RDV working out and shooting around with Dwight. However, he (Magical) isn't sure that the Jazz would be interested in what we've got - partly because he isn't sure if they are looking to sign and trade. They may just want to let the salary come off the books and use Millsap.

However, and I quote, "The Amar'e possibility is very real because the Suns may bite on getting something back instead of just walking. It depends what other teams offer."

As for Vince, Otis isn't happy with him, not just because he let the team down in the playoffs, but because his trade value is rock bottom right now. He's not worth the salary he'll get paid this year, so teams may be hesitant to take on his salary for the full season. Hence the "anticipate him back" comments (can't say we'll shop him only to find no good offers and keep him...)

And, as I said elsewhere, IF Gilbert Arenas gets bought out, Otis will have a long sit down with him to figure out where he is at as a person. If this situation has caused him to mature, he could be a cheap player who can make a huge impact.

Thanks rev

I'm not really a fan of our two best players being post presences down-low. But I definitely know I do not want Boozer on this team!!

It sucks it's gonna be hard to move Vince this year.

As far as Arenas I don't know how I feel about him. Believe it or not he is one of my fav players, but not sure if he fits our team especially with Jameer already here

None of those names sparked any interest whatsoever smile_svgsad.png See if you can find anything in regards to the 76ers and that #2 pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Urf! Yah, what everyone else said: Boozer's got about the same 'will to win' that Carter does.

Arenas may be a great player, but when was the last time he played a whole season?

Amare....Okay, I'd be fine with him playing here.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

None of those names sparked any interest whatsoever smile_svgsad.png See if you can find anything in regards to the 76ers and that #2 pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile_shardhappy.png

I always reply to him right away, hoping he'll reply back, and we're in luck!

The Magic like Amar'e because of his ability to score out to 15 feet and his ability to run the floor. Their eyes were really opened when he dropped 40 on Gasol - that is what we are missing, a mid-range guy that guys like Gasol and Garnett have to work hard to defend. "His D is nothing to write home about, but pairing him with Dwight is very very scary on offense." Players we will offer: Pietrus, Anderson, Bass, VC. They'd prefer to trade them VC so they don't have to package their whole team. Notice Gortat is not on that list. Here's your nugget, folks:

The Magic have their eye on trading Gortat for a top 5 pick. They would then pick a wing player, which would free up money to keep JJ, as well as sign a back-up PG and C. (Overall bottom line, obviously we'd still just have the MLE).

Apparently the Lakers might offer JJ the full MLE. If that is the case, it might be too rich for our blood.

And he closes with this: Lots of question marks right now. And of course Otis always pulls off surprise trades that no one anticipates.

Love the idea of trading Gortat for a top pick. I don't expect to get a top 5 for him, but anything in the lottery would be fantastic.

Sign Dooling and Brad Miller and baby, you've got yourself a stew going.