Sign in to follow this  
MilitaryMagic

Stretch Fours

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the three-peat Lakers feature stretch 4's? If not as the starter, than as a primary piece?

Not sure the 2000-2002 Lakers even needed to have five players on the court, let alone a traditional PF.

quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the three-peat Lakers feature stretch 4's? If not as the starter, than as a primary piece?

Yes, Horry was a part of the Lakers 3peat, Spurs, and Rockets...

we should put him on our team

I don't doubt the system works, but does SVG's implementation of it work? And with our personnel? I'd say it's tough to argue that Rashard is a power forward - while SVG pretends he is.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

what we need is a time machine. Go back to 1997-1998. Grab Donyell Marshall.

Haha! Who'd have thought Donyell Marshall was the answer.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

what we need is a time machine. Go back to 1997-1998. Grab Donyell Marshall.

Mark it down folks. It will be the only time you ever see this name mentioned here again.

Meh...Donyell Marshall was just a poor man's Rodney Rogers.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:

Not sure the 2000-2002 Lakers even needed to have five players on the court, let alone a traditional PF.

I'm gonna go ahead and put on my tin foil hat and say this: two of those titles did not belong to the Lakers.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:

Fair enough.

So, if Dwight is on the cusp of offensive dominance, shouldn't we do EVERYTHING in our power (and by we, I mean the organization, not us fans. Our power involves online petitions and painted posterboard at the games) to get a dominant perimeter scorer?

quote:
Originally posted by MP_20:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Yep, The Spurs played a lot of stretch four with Horry out on the floor and won four championships that way. The Rockets had 4 shooters surrounding Hakeem and won two titles that way.

Spurs traditionally started 2 bigs (Duncan/Robinson, Duncan/Rasho, Duncan/Nazr, Duncan/Oberto/Elson. Then fell in love with Horry and have been trying miserably to recreate that. Now they have Bonner.......

Case in point. The system works when you've got the right guy for the job. Too bad that guy is Robert Horry 10/10 times.

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

quote:

quote:

Yep, The Spurs played a lot of stretch four with Horry out on the floor and won four championships that way. The Rockets had 4 shooters surrounding Hakeem and won two titles that way.

Spurs traditionally started 2 bigs (Duncan/Robinson, Duncan/Rasho, Duncan/Nazr, Duncan/Oberto/Elson. Then fell in love with Horry and have been trying miserably to recreate that. Now they have Bonner.......

Case in point. The system works when you've got the right guy for the job. Too bad that guy is Robert Horry 10/10 times.

What in the blue world did Horry do so well?

quote:

quote:

quote:

No, I think the system works when you have Hakeem, Shaq/Kobe, or Tim Duncan/Manu/Parker all in their primes. Horry wasn't exactly 6MOTY

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

HIT BIG SHOTS OF COURSE. HALL OF FAMER.

Honestly, I am looking at Horry's career stats. The guy averaged a whopping 7 points, 4.8 rebounds, shot 42% (34% from 3) and he has 7 championships? How is this even possible? Is he just lucky? The ultimate glue guy?

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

HIT BIG SHOTS OF COURSE. HALL OF FAMER.

He had a wicked sweet semi-afro hairdo.