Sign in to follow this  
Diplo

JJ will accept backup role on winning team; Foyle might retire

quote:
J.J. Redick will be a restricted free agent this offseason, and on Monday, Redick continued to say he would prefer to re-sign with the Orlando Magic.

He also indicated that his main goal isn't to go to a team where he would be a starter. In fact, Redick insisted that he would be happy to remain a bench player on a winning team.

"Winning is the most important thing to me," Redick said. "I'd rather have this role on a winning team with a great organization and a great city than anything else. So, in my book, there's no substitute for winning."

quote:

quote:
J.J. Redick will be a restricted free agent this offseason, and on Monday, Redick continued to say he would prefer to re-sign with the Orlando Magic.

He also indicated that his main goal isn't to go to a team where he would be a starter. In fact, Redick insisted that he would be happy to remain a bench player on a winning team.

"Winning is the most important thing to me," Redick said. "I'd rather have this role on a winning team with a great organization and a great city than anything else. So, in my book, there's no substitute for winning."

quote:

the one person i feel bad for is anthony johnson. he's done with the team obviously and will possibly retire but I felt sorry for him last year when he lost his spot in the rotation in the finals. i know he's a pretty erratic player but that must suck being a journeyman your entire career and going to the finals 3 times and still not having a ring.

It's been a complete turn around for JJ. Two years ago he was begging for a trade. He worked hard and got rewarded with more playing time. He's become a fan favorite and proven he's willing to do what he has to in order to win. He's a winner all the way.

Come on Otis, resign him. The return on your investment has already been met and can only get better as he gains more experience with the team. At least Otis knows what he's getting from JJ.