Sign in to follow this  
iTs JUST zo

Anyone feel sorry for Vince?

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

I don't feel sorry for VC at all. When normal people like us are struggling in a bad economy, he's collecting millions playing a game we all love.

It is too bad that he finally came to his hometown team with a shot at a ring and didn't deliver. But there isn't always a fairy tale ending to every story.

+1

no....

vince is a heartless person. his shot was broken and he didn't even attempt to make plays or be of any use on the court and just continued to chuck shots. he didn't wanna really take any blame for his poor performance. after game 4 he was trying to take credit for the win and had a big *** smile on his face in the post interview and the next day says "yea....i could've contributed more"

and vince aint the type of player to lock himself in a gym for a few hours trying to get himself together. he has poor work ethic. dude was lifeless in this series.

bunch of dudes on facebook who live in daytona said they were gonna burn his statue down, lol.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Why must Vince Carter fanboys have to find ways to blame everyone else for Vince's god awful play?

He averaged 15 ppg and shot under 25% from three in the entire playoffs. Jameer didn't make him miss all those shots, he didn't tell him to constantly take contested fade aways, he didn't tell Vince to stop driving to the basket. He was pretty much a train wreck the entire postseason. He couldn't do what we brought him in for and create his own offense. It's too bad we got him past his prime, but it is what it is.

I'm no Carter fan (I like the guy though, but I've been a Magic fan for far longer) but I feel like Vince is getting far too much blame for this loss to Boston. No player played consistently well in this series. The whole team showed a lack of heart until the last few games and yet most people point the blame on Carter, a guy who took less shots then all of our other all stars. They call him gutless and heartless when the majority of his shots came inside the paints, getting no benefit from the refs, while Paul Pierce would get a reassuring snuggle and the Refs would call a foul immediately.

I will admit he did not get the job done. We needed far more from him. But we also needed more from Rashard. We needed more from our bench. We needed Dwight and Jameer to play like they did later in the series, the WHOLE series. I feel ready to defend him when everyone wants to make him the main scapegoat, which just shows pure ignorance, something I can't stand.

quote:
Originally posted by VC_Fan:

Jameer Nelson is a talented player, but he is not a good PG.

1402_sharonRandyPukeA.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

no....

vince is a heartless person. his shot was broken and he didn't even attempt to make plays or be of any use on the court and just continued to chuck shots. he didn't wanna really take any blame for his poor performance. after game 4 he was trying to take credit for the win and had a big *** smile on his face in the post interview and the next day says "yea....i could've contributed more"

and vince aint the type of player to lock himself in a gym for a few hours trying to get himself together. he has poor work ethic. dude was lifeless in this series.

Your ignorance is astounding. Over half the shots he took were all in the paint area, and by the way, he also took less shots then both Dwight and Jameer in this series. So no he was not just chucking shots.

quote:

no....

bunch of dudes on facebook who live in daytona said they were gonna burn his statue down, lol.

You are scary. Man, you take Basketball to seriously. You need help.

ok ok vince didn't just chuck shots. he drove to the basket and missed lay ups as well. my apologizes. lmao

dude was focused on not passing the ball.

and how the hell am I scary and take basketball too serious? because i want vince gone and think he has no heart and poor work ethic? wth?

quote:

ok ok vince didn't just chuck shots. he drove to the basket and missed lay ups as well. my apologizes. lmao

and how the hell am I scary and take basketball too serious? because i want vince gone and think he has no heart and poor work ethic? wth?

I don't think your scary. I just think your an ignorant hate fueled ponce.

quote:

Basketball and life are two different things. You claim the guy is heartless because of his actions on the court. I believe that said member thinks you are scary, because it appears you connect how he plays basketball to Vince Carter as a person. This is not a healthy assumption.

Yes and no..

I'm sorry for him because he KEEPS trying to get to the Finals, and win a ring, but every single time, he falls short...Even with this Orlando Magic team. Must be heart-retching.

I'm not sorry for him because he has all the talent in the world, but he doesn't use it...If he had the heart of a champion, we'd be in the Finals right now, or at least close to it.

i'm judging vince's character based on how he conducted himself after giving such a poor performance in game 4 as well as his lackadaisical play throughout the entire season. he was trying to take credit for something he did not do. he won because his team hustled their arses off while he only contributed 3 measly points and bad defense. he has the nerve the next day to say "yea you know....i could've conributed a bit more". thats why that one journalist on yahoo blasted him.

he is a heartless person. he doesn't put effort into anything.

i think you people are misconstruing my definition of heartless.

i'm saying he lacks compassiong and drive and ambition. not saying he is an evil cynical deviant. vince is an athletic freak of nature but never used his talent to its true potential because he has poor work ethic and no heart.

and i don't see how i'm taking any of this seriously. i didn't shed a tear or lose my mind like you people did throughout this series and especially after friday night. i've been sleeping well.