Sign in to follow this  
BMP

Dwight Howard Wants Changes to Orlando Roster

To be honest, this whole rebuilding theme kinda scares me. At the same time, I know it's necessary to get a championship in Orlando. Our team as is now, just isn't made for that. So after rebuilding our team, what are the chances of seeing immmediate results? Most championship teams have played together for several years before winning the Finals.

Obviously Dwight, Jameer, and even Lewis are going no where for now. I say Lewis because of his sizeable contract remaining, 3 years 65 million. I wasn't happy with his less-aggressive play either, but perhaps we need to utilize him properly (playing the 3 spot) so he's more comfortable on the court. Whatever happens regarding trades/signings, I hope it's a well thought process and not just making a deal just to make a deal.

The comments made about Pietrus are unfair. His game excels off of ball movement which lacked in the ECF. IMO, we need to keep Pietrus, but if Pietrus gets us Wade/Lebron/Paul/Gay then bye bye Peaches.

I still believe though that Paul is the PG we need. Hornets have Collison now.

Everyone is putting the complete blame on carter.

Stan is equally responsible. He didn't make the right substitutions and didn't make adjustments until we were down 3-0. He played Players like Lewis for extensive minutes when they weren't producing instead of going to the bench and getting someone fresh off the bench. NO I don't want to replace him unless we get a coach who is better. Brown, Jackson, etc.

Second is Lewis with one of the worst contracts in sports. All that money, he needs to create his own shot and stop relying on Dwight for the open look. Then hit it.

Then Carter. He missed a lot of open looks too.

I wish we could get rid of Lewis and Carter b/c of their huge contracts. I like them but it's business. We could have Lebron and Wade if we got rid of both of them and a few other little players.

I Rudy Gay is not better than Carter, Cory M. is not better than carter, and We don't want K Mart.

We need an explosive playmaker. None of them fit the criteria.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Why are we comparing Pietrus to Carter? Everyone knows MP is an inconsistent bench player. VC was supposed to step in and become our go to guy and was awful. He had his moments, but was way too inconsistent and was nowhere to be found when we needed him most.

This.

quote:
Originally posted by skinnyhoops:

To be honest, this whole rebuilding theme kinda scares me. At the same time, I know it's necessary to get a championship in Orlando. Our team as is now, just isn't made for that. So after rebuilding our team, what are the chances of seeing immmediate results? Most championship teams have played together for several years before winning the Finals.

Obviously Dwight, Jameer, and even Lewis are going no where for now. I say Lewis because of his sizeable contract remaining, 3 years 65 million. I wasn't happy with his less-aggressive play either, but perhaps we need to utilize him properly (playing the 3 spot) so he's more comfortable on the court. Whatever happens regarding trades/signings, I hope it's a well thought process and not just making a deal just to make a deal.

If you get good enough players it will work, case in point: Boston in 2008.

quote:
Originally posted by Kris Brockington:

Can we Trade coaches? I know Doc wants to come back home to spend time with his family.

I wish.

Autoban.

Nothing wrong with Stan. Best coach we have ever had. This team is too soft mentally and physically at the 2 and 4 spots. I am praying for a miracle here but if Wade were to want to sign with us he would force Riley to accept some kind of trade. I know he did mention that Dwight was the one player he would play with if he had to choose. Go Magic!!!

I dont know how'd they do it....maybe Shard,Gortat,the money from Toronto,VC,whatever,whatever....

but we need a Carmelo Anthony on thsi team....someone who can go "beast mode" anytime he wanted,without relying on his downtown shooting every game....we need a Carmelo Anthony-type player....

Still kinda upset that Vince gets 100% of blame. Ik hes the new guy but theres no way in hell it was his fault we got knocked out in ECF.

Take a look around the whole team, think back without your haterade. I think the blame can be distributed pretty fairly.

Vince could have done more, he should have done more.

But you guys expect vince at 33 to CARRY us. Thats what you wanted for him to Carry us...w.e

im out if its gonna continue like this.

you guys have found your scapegoat