Sign in to follow this  
BMP

Dwight Howard Wants Changes to Orlando Roster

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoMagicFan:

Rudy Gay.

Rudy Gay it's not the kind of player who can help you to win title. It's not Dwade, LBJ or Kobe, so it will be the same as VC, but only younger.

VC had his moments. Too bad they weren't during the playoffs. Lewis was another player that isn't doing us much good. He had flashes during the year, but it's time to either move him back to the three spot or trade him. I think we will keep Howard, Nelson, JJ, and maybe Barnes. I think everyone else would be trade bait to any takers.

I'm not defending Vince as he was clearly a roadblock in our way back to the Finals this year. But how come everyone is letting Pietrus off the hook so easily? Dude had a HORRENDOUS ECF, jacking up shots and displaying a sub-zero basketball IQ. I'm sure Dwight is frustrated with the Guadaloupian as well as Vince. I get the feeling Stan hates MP also.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman Forever:

I'm not defending Vince as he was clearly a roadblock in our way back to the Finals this year. But how come everyone is letting Pietrus off the hook so easily? Dude had a HORRENDOUS ECF, jacking up shots and displaying a sub-zero basketball IQ. I'm sure Dwight is frustrated with the Guadaloupian as well as Vince. I get the feeling Stan hates MP also.

Agreed- I think Peaches is a player that cannot depended on to be consistent. Lewis was awful too (he did have the flu) but he is also streaky. It really is not fair to blame Carter only for the loss. IMO the only players that were hungry for a win were Dwight, Nelson and JJ. Bass was hungry too, but SVG did not use him right this season. The rest of the players were ready to go home.

Why are we comparing Pietrus to Carter? Everyone knows MP is an inconsistent bench player. VC was supposed to step in and become our go to guy and was awful. He had his moments, but was way too inconsistent and was nowhere to be found when we needed him most.

quote:

Give me a break. What exactly made it so horrible? The fact that he didn't hit every shot he took? Sadly....Probably true. That's a tough way to judge a player. Him jacking up shots at a rate of about 4 FGA per game? And if I'm not mistaken in games 1 or 2 was actually attacking the rim. Brilliant. And most of them coming during blowouts? Yeah that killed them. Or was it the 1 TO for the entire series? You know he's a TO machine. Yeah that probably swung the series. Did his low IQ make him the only one falling for pump fakes or forgetting to call a TO before advancing the ball or leaving Ray Allen for 3s? Maybe he was fouling everyone in sight? No that's not it either. Face it the dude's minutes were screwed the entire series yet he seemed to still play decent defense when called upon. We love when the guy hits shots but forget why he was even brought here. I'm sorry but pointing the finger at a bench player when it was clear the starting lineup was digging the holes is a little ridiculous to me. And that's any bench player.

Vince was good for us in the regular season, but as far as deep playoff experience went, he was basically a rookie. Kind of sad that a guy that can score and play like he can withers under the spotlight, or when it matters, but it looks like that's the case.

In his defense, he did score 17 points in the last game, but had he played his heart out earlier in the series, it would have never made it to an 0-3 hole. I truly believe we were the better team.

As for a replacement, or a missing piece, I think Dwight's right: we need someone who has won it all and knows what it takes. And I'm not talking about someone like Jason Williams that came off the bench with 5-10 minutes left in the game.

We need someone like Rip Hamilton, Prince, Robert Horry (in his prime, not now) - just someone that's hit big shots in the big game and has the mindset to win playoff games and championships.

Dwight showed a lot in this series, as did Jameer. I wish we would have played Bass more because, when he was out there, he played his heart out.

Rashard played pretty good defense, Barnes played pretty good defense. We're just missing that one, experienced, reliable, steady piece and Vince, sorry to say because I really do like the guy, isn't it.

Unless you can land Paul, you keep Nelson. With that said, the four players that should stay are Nelson, JJ, Barnes and Dwight. Obviously, two are free agents. All four know their roles and play hard, smart ball. As for the others ...

JW - Washing up and old

AJ - A relic with mad hops

VC - Washing up and only flashes

MP - Inconsistent and questionable bb-iq

RL - Inconsistent, nonaggressive playmaker who is a bit of a tweener

BB - Lots of energy and muscle. Can he play team ball?

RA - Value but still a stretch four

MG - Value but still a back-up on the Magic

AF - A relic with a mad smile

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

well this is the first change that needs to be made (if you get my drift)

then you get rid of carter and get someone younger.

the funny part is...I was against the vince trade. didn't care for him. i was criticizing the ******* all season long and delusional fans kept saying i didn't know what i was talking about. he disappears in the play offs and now people see what an awful heartless scum bad he really is.

That was a travel, just like what Rondo does. Drives, takes his 2 steps then stops. Not allowed to do that, but since its not called, I wouldn't mind if Howard started doing that, sure.

quote:

I think coming off the bench you don't expect as much from him as you would from a starter.