Sign in to follow this  
celtsfan

Congrats on a tough series

Strange series. Never expected the Celtics to grab the first 2 games on your court - that was the the deciding factor. When SVG made adjustments for games 4 and 5, the Magic looked like a championship team. But no team was going to beat Boston 4 straight, their coaching is too good and they have too many tough competitors who don't wait around expecting things to fall their way.

I've seen a lot of comments about Celtics "dirty" play. I wouldn't call them dirty, which to me means deliberately trying to injure or reckless fouling that could cause injury. There really wasn't any of that. If anything the most lethal player out there was D12 - people get injured around that guy (though it doesn't appear intentional).

I can see where Boston's style is aggravating to an opponent, and it's a deliberate strategy to draw fouls. They're all willing to get run over to get a charge call. And part of Pierce's game has always been to get to the line. He is over the top sometimes acting like he got hit worse than he did, but 95% of his trips to the line are earned - he either beat the guy on his drive or up-faked him.

The Magic have now gotten real close 3 years in a row. With a few tweaks to the roster they're going to get there soon. Howard is a monster when used right, and the most disruptive defensive center in many years. Jameer got game. I don't think Vince is the answer, just a role player. Reddick is a winner. School still out on Lewis. Hedo meant more to the team than anyone realized.

Anyway, the Magic showed up big time in games 4-5 and had everyone in Boston plenty worried. Better luck next year.

Strange series. Never expected the Celtics to grab the first 2 games on your court - that was the the deciding factor. When SVG made adjustments for games 4 and 5, the Magic looked like a championship team. But no team was going to beat Boston 4 straight, their coaching is too good and they have too many tough competitors who don't wait around expecting things to fall their way.

I've seen a lot of comments about Celtics "dirty" play. I wouldn't call them dirty, which to me means deliberately trying to injure or reckless fouling that could cause injury. There really wasn't any of that. If anything the most lethal player out there was D12 - people get injured around that guy (though it doesn't appear intentional).

I can see where Boston's style is aggravating to an opponent, and it's a deliberate strategy to draw fouls. They're all willing to get run over to get a charge call. And part of Pierce's game has always been to get to the line. He is over the top sometimes acting like he got hit worse than he did, but 95% of his trips to the line are earned - he either beat the guy on his drive or up-faked him.

The Magic have now gotten real close 3 years in a row. With a few tweaks to the roster they're going to get there soon. Howard is a monster when used right, and the most disruptive defensive center in many years. Jameer got game. I don't think Vince is the answer, just a role player. Reddick is a winner. School still out on Lewis. Hedo meant more to the team than anyone realized.

Anyway, the Magic showed up big time in games 4-5 and had everyone in Boston plenty worried. Better luck next year.

Boston's style doesn't aggravate me, Pierce's does. His style of play, and the way he's officiated is the reason why I have such a love/hate relationship with the league as it is.

Other than that, Boston thoroughly outplayed us at virtually every facet of the game, so congrats.

quote:
But no team was going to beat Boston 4 straight, their coaching is too good and they have too many tough competitors who don't wait around expecting things to fall their way.

We'll see- I hope the Lakers sweep your dirty team.

if your proud to watch your team act rather than play basketball then more power to you but im glad when our players take charges they dont flop... i never seen a team full of so called "hard players" act so soft... but yea congrats

i really wanted to punch KG in the face for the not one, but two intentional elbows he threw at dwight..i've never seen anything like that, and i can't believe he wasn't tossed..spotting you guys 3 games doomed us, and we were lucky to at least make a series out of it..in a 7 game series the better team will always win (usually)..props to you guy's, hopefully next year we'll be the better team..

i am proud of the fact that our guys are never on the floor..we play basketball standing up..man's game!

quote:
Originally posted by celtsfan:

I wouldn't call them dirty, which to me means deliberately trying to injure or reckless fouling that could cause injury.

So, you didn't see KG trying to break Dwights arm in Game 6....

Kevin Garnett swiping at Dwight like that is flat out dirty, there is no other way to put it. You think that no other guys in the nba put there arms on the opponent they are guarding like that? trash.

Celtics were better in this series BUT I still think the magic are the better team, not that that matters at this point anyways but.

Dwights elbow to Davis is absolutely unintentional freak accident. It happened to one of our guys last year Courtney Lee same thing basically.

How does it feel to be a fan of a franchise with 40 championships? How can you get yourself excited for another one? What's the point of playing the season if the same teams win every time?

KG should have been ejected, and if Vince got the same treatment by the refs that Pierce got, we would definetly win.

Game 2 was the dagger. Executing better a couple of more plays there, assuming the same outcome in the other games, would have given the Magic a 3-2 lead going into BOS and this series would still be on today for a 7th game.

Too bad a couple of more FTs couldn't be made, or some other play couldn't be executed in crunch time.