Sign in to follow this  
iTs JUST zo

NBA Finals: Celtics VS Lakers

quote:
It's not unreasonable to say Kobe throws up ****ty shots all the time. Just because hes Kobe doesnt mean he doesnt throw up ****ty shots and does not drive often.

Its not a big deal to say so.

agreed. the reason it's not a big deal is because they usually go in. only the celtics have really effectively stopped him from doing that in.. one or two games out of the whole playoffs.

so you at least accept that it's still okay to criticize carter possibly?

Being a winner can't be judged like that. Were Pierce, Allen and KG winners before going to the same team? Hell no. When we win the Ship next year you all gonna brag about havin VC in the team, LMAO.

smile_svgsad.pngsmile_shardhappy.pngsmile_gortatmad.png

We could do worse than Vince as a 2nd/3rd option. I just hope Dwight get's more touches next year.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

quote:
It's not unreasonable to say Kobe throws up ****ty shots all the time. Just because hes Kobe doesnt mean he doesnt throw up ****ty shots and does not drive often.

Its not a big deal to say so.

agreed. the reason it's not a big deal is because they usually go in. only the celtics have really effectively stopped him from doing that in.. one or two games out of the whole playoffs.

so you at least accept that it's still okay to criticize carter possibly?

Yes how can you not criticise Carter. He's like got the most god given talent Ive ever witnessed in a basketball player.Err at least in his prime.

But I will say this, Carters **** shots, much like Kobe, usually do go in. They obvoiusly did not this year, partly due to the decrease in domination of the ball and shots he gets. But he did not adjust well ENOUGH. He started to adjust, and we all agreed he played very well after break and his 48 point game. The difference with the Nets and Raptors, not only because he was younger, but he would take so many shots, and hed eventually find his grove.

Those garbage shots no longer go in, and he's needed to take better shots each time. The touches are spread and the shots are spread around its not longer Vince Vince Vince.

But idk what the hell he was doing ECF besides Game 1. Game 1 he was motivated and brought it hard and looked great. Then it almost looked like he was afraid to try. I dont know. I wont make excuses

and on what VCplusD12 said. I agree but I dont wanna go around advertising that because I dont wanna get ripped on this forum. Kobe (like Ive said is better than Vince, top 5 player all time in my book), Pierce, Allen, everyone was just if not LESS of a winner without a good team surrounding them. Kobe and Pierce's teams did not even make the playoffs I believe while Vince's Raptors would.

I would admit tho that they sure did get it together and knew how to play with surrounding talent better. Pierce idk he's just lucky he got KG and Allen. THen again Vince is 34 while they were in their primes receiving talent. Vince will not be Kobe and could not have been. I believe he would have won 3 rings with Shaq as well if he was a Laker but I dont think Vince has a killer instince or determination to hte level of Kobe which puts Kobe a league ahead.

But it's all pretty much Vince's fault. Tmac did leave the Raptors, but I think if Vince woulda stayed and worked with Bosh and Tmac(saying Tmac stayed) they woulda been a good team and Im sure help woulda came. Instead of watching Vince rot on a half *** to full *** team in NJ.

/rant

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by Sebi:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Kobe winning Finals MVP = a ****ing shame

Yes, his game seven was less than spectacular. But if you really call 28ppg, 8rpg, 4apg and 2spg a "****ing shame" then I'd like to know who'd you have given the finals MVP to?

The guy with 18 points/11.6 rebounds/3.7/assists/2.6 blks, 2 less turnovers and shot 8% better from the field while being tremendous all over the court (minus the flopping).

Who was the WORST player on the floor (and it wasn't even close) in Game 5. It goes both ways BMP.

i dunno if comparing vince to ray allen or pierce is even justified. yeah pierce was nothing before he got help, but are you seriously saying vince has no help today? him and pierce are ONLY the same age, and i'm pretty sure pierce is better at drawing contact and attacking the rim than he is at this point. that sorta suggests he's all athleticism doesn't it?

we might be on different page. Cuz from reading that are you honestly saying comparing VInce to Allen and Pierce is not justified as in you're really trying to say those two are uncomparably (not a word but w.e) better than Carter?

Were talking like the real VC, Allen, and Pierce not right now. Right now all 3 are still all very good players but just shells of former self. Still can get it done but inconsistently. All are still prolly top 30 at least players in league. But they used to be dominant. Dont know if I can really say that for Ray Ray tho.

And Im not saying Vince has no help today. Why would I say that. I said NJ and Toronto. When Vince was in his prime you know. Pierce recieved help in his prime, much like Kobe and whomever. Thats what I was saying, Vince at 34 idk what to say he should have done better obvoiusly but I was referring to the past Vince.

And Vince was the newcommer, and they got to ECF, and had an amazing season, after break at least the Magic were top dog. So yeah they were overall a great team but they choked in ECF. And that would be alright if they didnt make the finals the previous year.

o and I do believe Pierce is a year younger and Allen is a year older than Vince tho.

Ray Allen... not dominant...

smile_svgsad.png

this is what happens when I open a thread Thuglife posts in when I'm not logged on (with him on the ignore list)

Thats why the following sentence says, cant say that for ray allen.

which is why I was wondering what Ganime was saying when he was like "dont compare Vince to Allen and Pierce." Or thats at least how I interpreted.

an itd be cool if you didnt stalk me on here and would just not comment on everything I post which is supposidely ignored...get a life. or chick.

ray allen is lucky because his talent is shooting and thats something that can translate well into old age.

Ray lost his legs during the second half of the finals. his next team is going to have to limit his minutes to around 30 per game instead of the 39 mpg he had during this playoffs.

He hasn't hit 6th man time yet but that will happen within his next contract so i doubt he'll get a large one.

The problem with vince is his special talent is unworldly athleticism. That's not something that translates well into old age. That's why he's been struggling.