Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoNKentucky

What Can Dwight Improve On?

What do you think Dwight needs to improve on during the offseason? I hear some of the NBA guys on ESPN saying that if Dwight wants to go from a very important player to an all-star then he needs to keep coming back with something new every season until he has a complete game.

What would those improvements look like?

Here are some of my opinions:

1. Free Throw Shooting. This is an absolute must, people need to not want to foul Dwight at the end of games.

2. More polished low post game. I'm not saying that Dwight needs to go and get a 10-12 ft jumper, but he needs to come with different looks with his down low moves. I think if he can go an entire quarter without doing the same low post move, that would greatly improve his overall game.

3. More aggressive attitude when it comes to offensive rebounds. I think that there are sometimes when Dwight goes hard for those defensive rebounds, but the offensive rebounds are just as important. I would like to see Dwight to have his offensive rebounds be more than his defensive rebounds.

What do you guys think? What can Dwight improve on? Comment on my opinions or add your own.

What do you think Dwight needs to improve on during the offseason? I hear some of the NBA guys on ESPN saying that if Dwight wants to go from a very important player to an all-star then he needs to keep coming back with something new every season until he has a complete game.

What would those improvements look like?

Here are some of my opinions:

1. Free Throw Shooting. This is an absolute must, people need to not want to foul Dwight at the end of games.

2. More polished low post game. I'm not saying that Dwight needs to go and get a 10-12 ft jumper, but he needs to come with different looks with his down low moves. I think if he can go an entire quarter without doing the same low post move, that would greatly improve his overall game.

3. More aggressive attitude when it comes to offensive rebounds. I think that there are sometimes when Dwight goes hard for those defensive rebounds, but the offensive rebounds are just as important. I would like to see Dwight to have his offensive rebounds be more than his defensive rebounds.

What do you guys think? What can Dwight improve on? Comment on my opinions or add your own.

Learn the game a bit better. Yeah obviously he needs to improve his offence. But he should learn the game better, improve his basketball iq

We need a #2 guy. Period. Vince was supposed to be it. He's been a sensational offensive player his whole career until he gets a shot to win something meaningful and then he turns into hot garbage. Figures. We need a #2 guy. Nelson is fine at point guard unless we can land a superstar at that position. We need a shooting guard/small forward (eh, whats the difference anymore)- a big time scorer who can get to the line 20 times a game in the big series (clearly thats what it takes to win in the NBA). Plus they need to at least not be a total liability on defense.

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

We need a #2 guy. Period. Vince was supposed to be it. He's been a sensational offensive player his whole career until he gets a shot to win something meaningful and then he turns into hot garbage. Figures. We need a #2 guy. Nelson is fine at point guard unless we can land a superstar at that position. We need a shooting guard/small forward (eh, whats the difference anymore)- a big time scorer who can get to the line 20 times a game in the big series (clearly thats what it takes to win in the NBA). Plus they need to at least not be a total liability on defense.

DANNY GRANGER

dude this guy is good offensively and hes great defensively, you cant make every shot!

he only needs to improve on his free throw shooting that is all! and maybe on his dribbling

quote:
Originally posted by QzFiNeST107:

dude this guy is good offensively and hes great defensively, you can make every shot!

he only needs to improve on his free throw shooting that is all! and maybe on his dribbling

I agree but want to add his patience in the post needs some work and if at all possible work on passing out of the post.

I like Danny Granger. I think that would be an excellent addition to this team. He is very calm too, don't hear too much drama about him.

I agree that Dwight had a good game tonight. I did not create this thread because I thought Dwight had a bad game. I just wanted to make some observations about Dwight and how he can be an even more dynamic player.