Sign in to follow this  
Dave Lubinsky

Bring Carter off the Bench

Might serve him right. I would rather have JJ give us the production he was shown over the course of these playoffs, in the starting line-up

Tired of the beggers on this board & city of Orlando, BEGGING for Vince to show up. Please Vinceeee, shoowwww upppp..... Think about it from the pine buddy.

Vince Carter - " I owe you guys one "..

No you dont. You owe it to yourself, and your career.

Might serve him right. I would rather have JJ give us the production he was shown over the course of these playoffs, in the starting line-up

Tired of the beggers on this board & city of Orlando, BEGGING for Vince to show up. Please Vinceeee, shoowwww upppp..... Think about it from the pine buddy.

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

That would certainly help us get off to a good start.

TRIVIA: Who scored the first three points for the magic last game?

We can get off to a good start with VC in and I think it's more important (1) to not just change things up big time when we're doing alright and (2) we need JJ off the bench to provide scoring and help anchor the second unit.

JJ has been playing better, but if we change the starting line up like that I'm just afraid it'll cause problems.

Basketball 101 quiz boys and girls. When a shooter is in a cold slump and just cant seem to get it going what should you as a coach do?

Answer from the Orlandomagiczone: Yank him off the starting lineup, destroying his already shaky confidence, play him less time, and give him less shots so he has less of a chance to get back into a rhythm duh!

*sigh*

quote:

So? One bucket doesn't mean a "good start". He played like garbage after. He missed a lot of wide open 3's that I believe JJ would have knocked down.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:

So? One bucket doesn't mean a "good start". He played like garbage after. He missed a lot of wide open 3's that I believe JJ would have knocked down.

He played below average but not garbage. He played better D than JJ last game. I agree that VC has been struggling all series long but bashing wouldn't do any good. Dwight played like **** in game 1 and 3, Shard played like **** in game 1 2 and 3 but the treatement was different. Why would you believe everyone else on the team but not Carter? Now we are winning and someone suggests a change in starting lineup? unbelievable.

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Lubinsky:

So you thought the several existing threads criticizing Vince Carter weren't enough, and you thought you'd start another one?

I guess you weren't watching game 2, when Redick got that DRebound with around 9-10 second left, and dribbled the ball ALMOST to half court, then called a timeout. That was the worst possible thing he could have done, and showed zero basketball IQ. Because of that boneheaded play, Nelson was forced to throw up a prayer from almost half court instead of getting a good look at a 3.

quote:
Originally posted by nclover:

Number 1, he got the rebound and I don't believe 3 more seconds would have won the game. BTW where was Vince?

Vince was downcourt waiting for a pass. Vince thought if Redick wasn't going to call a timeout, he must want to play it through.

And don't pretend like another three seconds wouldn't have been enough time to get off a great look. Not only would they have had another three seconds, but they would have been able to inbound the ball from front court, so that's another couple seconds to not bring the ball up from the backcourt. They would have had multiple options to shoot the three instead of Nelson throwing up a wild, twisting, running prayer from over 30 feet.