Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoNKentucky

The Official Celtic Injuries Thread

If you saw the game, you saw that the Celtic players were dropping like flies. First Perkins with 2 techs (probably will have at least 1 tech taken away). Then Glen Davis gets KO'd by Dwights elbow. Then Marquis Daniels gets KO'd by the Polish Hammer. Then Rasheed Wallace makes a lay up and has to leave the game and head to the locker room.

I guess my question/observation is how many of those players will play in game 6? Especially since it is 2 days away, for those with injuries that is not a lot of time to recover. I think Perkins will play even though there is a possibility he could have a 1-game suspension due to the total number of techs.

It looked to me like Big Baby was out cold, I doubt he'll play. Same thing with Daniels. Sheed will play through whatever was bothering him. This old Celtic team is showing its age a little bit, maybe they can't hang with the younger more aggressive Magic team. They gave it their best shot, but maybe they hit a wall (and it knocked them out). However, I do predict a intense game 6 and a Magic victory.

If you saw the game, you saw that the Celtic players were dropping like flies. First Perkins with 2 techs (probably will have at least 1 tech taken away). Then Glen Davis gets KO'd by Dwights elbow. Then Marquis Daniels gets KO'd by the Polish Hammer. Then Rasheed Wallace makes a lay up and has to leave the game and head to the locker room.

I guess my question/observation is how many of those players will play in game 6? Especially since it is 2 days away, for those with injuries that is not a lot of time to recover. I think Perkins will play even though there is a possibility he could have a 1-game suspension due to the total number of techs.

It looked to me like Big Baby was out cold, I doubt he'll play. Same thing with Daniels. Sheed will play through whatever was bothering him. This old Celtic team is showing its age a little bit, maybe they can't hang with the younger more aggressive Magic team. They gave it their best shot, but maybe they hit a wall (and it knocked them out). However, I do predict a intense game 6 and a Magic victory.

Perkins should remain suspended.

Davis will probably not be able to play because of his concussion.

Sheed will play barring a miracle.

An NBA representative said late Wednesday that the league should have a decision regarding the two technical fouls called on Kendrick Perkins that led to his ejection from Game 5 and automatic suspension for Game 6.

Both technicals were of the questionable variety, and it seems very unlikely that both of them will stand up. That said, the league has complete control in this situation, and the call could go either way. Our guess is one of them will be rescinded, meaning Perkins would play in Game 6. Big men Glen Davis (concussion) and Rasheed Wallace (back) were both injured tonight and are iffy for Game 6, so the need for Perkins to play can't be overstated for the Celtics.

You really think Perkins wont play? Looking at the two techs (from a completely unbiased viewpoint), they weren't deserving of the call by the Ref. The "elbow" on Gortat was an accident. The other tech for arguing was crap because he was walking away and going away from all other referees.

I personally dislike Perkins more than any other player on the Celtics but I think he may even have both techs taken away.

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

Perkins should remain suspended.

Davis will probably not be able to play because of his concussion.

Sheed will play barring a miracle.

I don't know I seriously doubt the first tech stands. The second one was basically vince redux from the scorers table and they didnt rescind that one.

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoNKentucky:

You really think Perkins wont play? Looking at the two techs (from a completely unbiased viewpoint), they weren't deserving of the call by the Ref. The "elbow" on Gortat was an accident. The other tech for arguing was crap because he was walking away and going away from all other referees.

I personally dislike Perkins more than any other player on the Celtics but I think he may even have both techs taken away.

the elbow on gortat was not an accident IMO

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoNKentucky:

Watch the replay.

If the elbow wasn't blatant, then why did he remain to keep Gortat back with it?

Secondly L4TW said it himself that the transcript for the 2nd T said that Perkins called the ref a "dumbass mother****er."

You can't get away with either of them. Just because the media doesn't want to see him get suspended, doesn't mean he shouldn't be. It sucks ESPN is in Bristol, CT and so many of them are affected by the Boston bias.

Vince got called for a T for doing the same thing, that one should stand.

As for the elbow one, meh I dont think it should

And screw it, I want perkins playing. I don't want this series tainted. And it is good practice for Dwight. Say we make it past this, we are either seeing the Lakers huge front court again or Amare Stoudemire who has given Dwight fits. Dwight needs to dominate Perkins and get himself ready if we get there.

Dwight's elbows deserve a thread all their own. They are the most dangerous in the league. The list of casualties.....Samuel Dalembert, Courtney Lee, LeBron James, Glen Davis.....the only question remaining is.....

goldberg3.jpg

WHO'S NEXT?!?!?!?!?!?

The Nba will rescind at least one of them. To much pressure on the nba to do so. The thing is that both were minnor Tech fouls. But its true, that if this is the case then Carters from the other night should be rescind.

The league should not even be in this position. The refs. throw out techs like there candy, often over nothing. Some players (kobe, Pierce, Lebron) can abuse refs all game long and won't get techs. Then other players can just look at a ref the wrong way and they get pinged. The Nba needs to look into this in the offseason.

Injurys.

You would think Wallace would be right for game 6. But Davis, boy did he look out of it. I have been concussed once and had the same symptoms as he did, took me 2 weeks before I could gain back any of the motor skills required to play basketball.