Sign in to follow this  
ninjapj

Howard's foul upgraded to flagrant (link)

What the **** is a foul and the **** isn't a foul? What was the point of this?

quote:
Originally posted by kwizzle29:

found video of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6gu-9WAMgU

fast foward to like 3:25

Dwight does elbow him but it looks like he didn't even know he was there. Like I said earlier you can also see how dwights upper arm hits him, and it wasn't a straight on elbow hit. Garnett falls to the ground and isn't even in pain, he flopped. If it would be bad enough to warrant a flagrant one foul he would be grabbing at it constantly, within 20 seconds he's up and good to go.

i am not sure how the rule is written, but i would think there needs to be intent..when i saw the play originally i thought dwight didn't even know he was there..accidents happen all the time and aren't called as flagrants..i guess with dwights elbow history he is on a short leash..

quote:
Originally posted by ninjapj:

quote:

found video of it

Dwight does elbow him but it looks like he didn't even know he was there. Like I said earlier you can also see how dwights upper arm hits him, and it wasn't a straight on elbow hit. Garnett falls to the ground and isn't even in pain, he flopped. If it would be bad enough to warrant a flagrant one foul he would be grabbing at it constantly, within 20 seconds he's up and good to go.

i am not sure how the rule is written, but i would think there needs to be intent..when i saw the play originally i thought dwight didn't even know he was there..accidents happen all the time and aren't called as flagrants..i guess with dwights elbow history he is on a short leash..

Agreed, This really doesn't matter anyway since the game is over. I just thought it was retarded.

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

If that was flagrant 1, then almost every hack or every defensive tactic against Dwight is flagrant 2.

BS

Exactly. Just because Dwight is so strong, the officials expect him to suck it up when he's gettin hacked, and then he does this on the defensive end its a flagrant???

Unreal. Just unreal.

I could see if they called it a flagrant on the scene and then later reviewed it and rescinded it. But to NOT call a flagrant at the time and then review it and THEN call it a flagrant is preposterous.

Seriously...I'm totally stooped.

Of course, in Doc River's pre-game press conference he said he thought it was flagrant. Of course!

Its quite frankly a joke, Dwight elbows a lot of people because you have two put 2 or 3 on the glass against him to be able to get rebounds. The F-1 against Garnett is a crock. For a bunch of stars the Celtics is a team of crybabies and attitudes. They are the most flopping team I have ever seen. Anderson Varejo must be a Celtic coach.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ninjapj:

quote:

found video of it

Agreed, This really doesn't matter anyway since the game is over. I just thought it was retarded.

It does matter because it adds up towards the flagrant count and could be suspended.