quote:
Originally posted by VC_Fan:

quote:
Originally posted by sharp[7]shooter:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

***. I know Vince was missing in game 4, and played sub par in game 2 and 3.

You're kidding right? VC was the Magic's best player in game 3. If VC played subpar in game 3, give me a list of players who didn't play subpar in game 3.

I really don't know how to connect with your brain on this one. Vince DID NOT play great, well, good, or any other word with a positive correlation. He shot poor, barely had any hustle, and basically was in cruise control from the tip.

You want a list of players who played "on par". I will give you Mickael Pietrus, J.J. Redick, and even Brandon Bass. Nobody played exceptional...

- Pietrus provided some production off the bench, totaling 3 pts less than the all-powerful Vince Carter while attempting half of VC's total shots.

- J.J. Redick had a "on par" game. He hit his average in scoring and was the only Magic player to shoot over 50% in the game.

- I'd say Bass played a good game in terms of his standards and where he was at. He played in garbage time, but he sent a message to the Celts and also to the coaching staff with a huge dunk. He showed people that he was willing to put in work for the team. He also grabbed 2 rebounds and we outscored Boston by 8 points with him on the floor (if you even want to count that statistic). His play stood out because it ultimately got him playing time in the victory in the next game.

And let me add that you ARE a troll for posting garbage like this:

quote:

"Open your eyes"? Says the guy whose eyes are so shut it's like he's blind.

Oh, so it's ok for you to call me blind, but if I call you blind I'm a "troll".

Having fun yelling out insults from under your bridge, troll?

No, it's because you're using the 5 year old "i know you are but what am i" approach to this

What a hypocrite you are. If it's wrong for me to call him blind, than it's wrong for him to call me blind.

Nice double standards there buddy.

Anyways, Howard played like crap in the first series. Did you see me starting threads like "is Gortat better than Howard". Rashard is shooting less than 30% in THIS SERIES. Do you see me starting a thread "is Anderson better than Lewis"? Nelson has played like crap 50% of this series. Do you see me saying "is Williams better than Nelson"?

No, so what is the point of this thread, other than stupid criticism and trolling?

I'm a hypocrite because...

he called you blind because every homer is blind (which is a fair statement). Instead of replying with something of any substance, you pretty much said "I know you are but what am I"

Seriously, just stop.

Oh, and there you go again. Howard was still a beast on the defensive end against the Bobcats and his main troubles came from foul trouble. Lewis, although not shooting well, has been extremely consistent throughout the playoffs, was a huge reason why we were able to beat the Bobcats so quickly.

Jameer has been incredible, especially in the Bobcats series, can't even go there. Not only that, but JWill hasn't outplayed him. Anderson hasn't outplayed Lewis, and Gortat hasn't outplayed Howard.

Redick, on the other hand, HAS outplayed Carter, and that's why this thread was made.

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You're kidding right? VC was the Magic's best player in game 3. If VC played subpar in game 3, give me a list of players who didn't play subpar in game 3.

I really don't know how to connect with your brain on this one. Vince DID NOT play great, well, good, or any other word with a positive correlation. He shot poor, barely had any hustle, and basically was in cruise control from the tip.

You want a list of players who played "on par". I will give you Mickael Pietrus, J.J. Redick, and even Brandon Bass. Nobody played exceptional...

- Pietrus provided some production off the bench, totaling 3 pts less than the all-powerful Vince Carter while attempting half of VC's total shots.

- J.J. Redick had a "on par" game. He hit his average in scoring and was the only Magic player to shoot over 50% in the game.

- I'd say Bass played a good game in terms of his standards and where he was at. He played in garbage time, but he sent a message to the Celts and also to the coaching staff with a huge dunk. He showed people that he was willing to put in work for the team. He also grabbed 2 rebounds and we outscored Boston by 8 points with him on the floor (if you even want to count that statistic). His play stood out because it ultimately got him playing time in the victory in the next game.

quote:

No, it's because you're using the 5 year old "i know you are but what am i" approach to this

What a hypocrite you are. If it's wrong for me to call him blind, than it's wrong for him to call me blind.

Anyways, Howard played like crap in the first series. Did you see me starting threads like "is Gortat better than Howard". Rashard is shooting less than 30% in THIS SERIES. Do you see me starting a thread "is Anderson better than Lewis"? Nelson has played like crap 50% of this series. Do you see me saying "is Williams better than Nelson"?

No, so what is the point of this thread, other than stupid criticism and trolling?

You didn't start those threads because we all know the answer to those threads. This is a legitimate question, and so far JJ is playing more efficiently this series than VC. Maybe you don't get it because of the fanboy in you.

Wrong again.

I didn't start those threads because there only purpose would be to criticize a current Magic player, which would be stupid and meaningless. Kind of like, say, this thread.

I could have started any number of threads criticizing Magic players for the way they've been playing in the playoffs. You talk about "efficiency", no one is playing with less efficiency than Lewis. Doesn't mean I'm going to start a thread to whine about it.

quote:
Lewis, although not shooting well, has been extremely consistent throughout the playoffs

Lewis has been trash in the current series. He played well against the Bobcats, what's your point? Carter played well against the Hawks. What relevance does that have to the current series?

And you talk about me not replying with substance to the "blind" statement: I was pointing out his hypocrisy. Which was more than his stupid statement deserved. I would not have pointed out his hypocrisy had he not called me bling. I'm surprised I have to explain this to you. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You didn't start those threads because we all know the answer to those threads. This is a legitimate question, and so far JJ is playing more efficiently this series than VC. Maybe you don't get it because of the fanboy in you.

Wrong again.

I didn't start those threads because there only purpose would be to criticize a current Magic player, which would be stupid and meaningless. Kind of like, say, this thread.

I could have started any number of threads criticizing Magic players for the way they've been playing in the playoffs. You talk about "efficiency", no one is playing with less efficiency than Lewis. Doesn't mean I'm going to start a thread to whine about it.

Okay, chief. This thread wasn't created to only criticize Vince, it was simply asking a question. Is it so hard for you to believe that one player could perform better than the Zeus-like figure and all-knowing Vince Carter? There may be a majority opinion that Vince is not showing up, but that wasn't the main point of the OP, it is just what happened to be discussed. JJ is on the rise, Vince's play has been suspect and we are talking about it. How can you be upset about that?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wrong again.

Okay, chief. This thread wasn't created to only criticize Vince, it was simply asking a question. Is it so hard for you to believe that one player could perform better than the Zeus-like figure and all-knowing Vince Carter? There may be a majority opinion that Vince is not showing up, but that wasn't the main point of the OP, it is just what happened to be discussed. JJ is on the rise, Vince's play has been suspect and we are talking about it. How can you be upset about that?

I wasn't upset about that. I was upset when you got personal and started making stupid comments about ME. You don't know a go**** thing about me, so don't be calling me "blind" or any other adjective.

quote:

quote:
Lewis, although not shooting well, has been extremely consistent throughout the playoffs

Lewis has been trash in the current series. He played well against the Bobcats, what's your point? Carter played well against the Hawks. What relevance does that have to the current series?

And you talk about me not replying with substance to the "blind" statement: I was pointing out his hypocrisy. Which was more than his stupid statement deserved. I would not have pointed out his hypocrisy had he not called me bling. I'm surprised I have to explain this to you. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Lewis also hasn't been one dimensional and has done a GREAT job defending KG. Not only that, but apparently he has done it all while battling viral infections.

And like I said, even so, Anderson/Bass have no outplayed Lewis (especially defensively), so there's no reason to make a thread asking whether or not they're better.

How are you not getting any of this?

If you go off of this series Redick has been the better player, its hard to argue against that.

Vince has had the much better career, but his career is clearly in decline. Redick on the other hand seems to just be getting started on what appears to be a long career ahead of him.

This thread seems like an 'offseason' thread, therefore I am not going to post in it anymore since its not the offseason. And, it would probably be best to just let this thread die, as there isnt much basketball being discussed in it.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Lewis also hasn't been one dimensional and has done a GREAT job defending KG. Not only that, but apparently he has done it all while battling viral infections.

And like I said, even so, Anderson/Bass have no outplayed Lewis (especially defensively), so there's no reason to make a thread asking whether or not they're better.

There's no reason for any thread asking if any bench player is better than any starter. How are you not getting that?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wrong again.

I wasn't upset about that. I was upset when you got personal and started making stupid comments about ME. You don't know a go**** thing about me, so don't be calling me "blind" or any other adjective.

Well, I don't think I ever called you blind...

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

There's no reason for any thread asking if any bench player is better than any starter. How are you not getting that?

So, you don't think Redick has outplayed Carter? Really? And it's not like Carter's only going to get better every year.

Q: Is JJ better than VC?

A: Of course not! VC is better than JJ, Hedo, Jesus and everybody else. He is worth every penny and he will make the Magic win 3 in a row and sweep the Lakers in the finals. He just wants to make it interesting! I should also add that VC never sucks.