Sign in to follow this  
MagicFromHarlem

first team in NBA history to come back from an 0-3 deficit?

quote:
Originally posted by jasonmk:

Much as I'd like to, I don't see a comeback happening. Magic played as well as they could, and Boston as bad as they could, and it was still an OT win with major luck on Magic's part.

Nelson did one thing right though, at least early in the game, that is pushing the ball a little faster up the court. His decision making is still suspect, with ill advised shots at the end of regulation and the start of OT. Former nearly cost the game, while he was very lucky with the latter, especially the off-the-glass-3. Luckily, while Magic forgot their game plan and fell back into hero mode, so did the Celtics and Doc failed to bring order. All in all, I don't see it repeating. Celtics take the next one decisively.

Three of our top 6 players (Vince/Shard/Pietrus) shot a combined 5-23...

Actually, if you look at it closely it's not that surreal for us to win the series. It all starts with taking care of home business on game 5. And then we will be in a familiar position we were last year. And the more the series goes on the more Boston will be gasping for air. I got a small feeling that maybe the city of Boston didn't see the last of 0-3 upsets for the year. But for now, just take care of home.

How about another sports history reminder...in the 2004 ALCS, the Yankees DESTROYED the Red Sox 19-8 in Game 3 to take a commanding 3-0 lead. The Red Sox won Game 4 in the 12th inning (OT) and went on to win the ALCS and the Championship.

The Celtics have been playing above there level so far in the playoffs. They cooled down a little in the last game and the Magic warmed up. If that trend keeps happening I think we have a chance.

Oh and Carter.. please step the **** up!

To put it quite simply:

Can the Magic win tonight at home?

And then, on a separate question, can the Magic win against the Celtics in Boston?

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

To put it quite simply:

Can the Magic win tonight at home?

And then, on a separate question, can the Magic win against the Celtics in Boston?

It can be done. It's all about getting to a game 6 in Boston. We have to give ourselves at least a shot to force a game 7 in Orlando.

I'm curious to see how the media will react if it does get to a game 7. What will the media say then? They've been talking since game 3 like Boston had already clinched and were waiting for Phoenix/LA to finish their series. It would be quite awesome to hear what those idiots have to say then.

I hope the team isn't seeing it the same way the media or even the fans are seeing it.

To say "Can we be the first team to come back from 3-0?" is defeating. Even to ask "Can we win 4 (now 3) in a row?" seems daunting.

They should just be asking themselves, were this a regular season game in February, could they beat the Celtics tonight? Of course.

And then, next game, can they beat the Celtics that night? Certainly.

It's the difference between saying "Can I make this free throw?" instead of "Can I make 50 free throws in a row?" If you are a decent free throw shooter, every time you step to the line, you feel like you have a good chance of making it. If you start thinking about odds of making 50 in a row, it becomes a seemingly impossible task.