Sign in to follow this  
Die Mannschaft

What should the 2010-11 lineup be?

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

I'm no troll....and you know this because in the PM you sent me, I said basically exactly what just happened to us....to YOU!!!! How is saying exactly what happened to us "trolling"?

Face it...you're mad because I was flat out right...I called it and you can't stand it.

It is unfortunate to be right in this occasion. Would you like me to post what I said to you on November 23rd(somewhere around there)? Hell, SVG called us a jump shooting team. What's the problem...outside you are unable to handle the fact that I was right?

Troll my behind.....its funny the only people that are calling me a "troll" are the ones that disagreed with my assessment of the team. Hardly.

troll is about attitude and intent, not whether you were correct or not.

Feel free to take your opinions elsewhere.

Let's be Real, We will never win a championship if we don't bring in another rebounder for this team. Shard needs to play at the 3 where he belongs because he's not physical enough to bang with "TRUE" power forwards. He's a liability on defense and stays on the 3 point line where he's not able to help with rebounding like a true power forward suppose to do. I'm not saying this is Rashard's fault because that's the way our team is built to play and win games.

Our team philosophy is cool but it's not a way to build a championship caliber team because we're one dimensional and we don't have a chance when we're not hitting our 3's. Teams will play us the same way defensively every postseason by playing zone and stay with our players at the 3-point line while leaving Dwight as the only player on our team to rebound the ball on every missed shot. We need a PF would has a decent post game who can knock down the 10-15 ft jumper and can also help with rebounding because we're garbage in that area when we aren't making our shots. Having your power forward stand around the 3 point line 90% of the time isn't going to win you basketball games in the playoffs.

Even if we beat Boston we would still get outmatched against the Lakers in the Finals. The Lakers have three 7 footers that can give you double digit rebounding at any time and cause us problems on defense.

Players we look at acquiring this offseason:

PF David Lee

PF Carlos Boozer

PF Amare Stoudamire

Players we need to get rid of:

PF Brandon Bass

PG Jason Williams

C Adonal Foyle

PG Anthony Johnson

2010-2011 Roster

Starters:

PG: Jameer Nelson

SG: Vince Carter

SF: Rashard Lewis

PF: Carlos Boozer/David Lee/Amare Stoudamire

C: Dwight Howard

Bench:

SF: Matt Barnes

SG: Mickael Pietrus

SG: J.J. Redick

C: Marcin Gortat

PF: Ryan Anderson

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDude20:

I say the Magic should go after CJ Watson or another up tempo PG that can make exciting plays with a consistent jumper. Also sign a center like Theo Ratliff or a center that can bang down low or is experienced in the playoffs. Keep JJ and Bass, we will need them down the road. What do u think we will do on draft night?

Gortat?

You would have to assume that these players stay here:

Howard

Lewis (no-one would take on his contract)

Carter (no-one would take on his contract, and im sure we wouldn't take on the contract they would offer in return)

Nelson (will be kept together with howard)

I hope Redick is resigned and allowed the chance to be back up SG and PG. I think Gortat will be kept, unless something good in trade comes up.

Anderson contract is too attractive to give up, unless packaged in a trade for a big name.

Bass, I do not think many teams would be interested in him at 4mil a year, Only because Van Gundy stopped playing him.

Pietrus will be around (contract is to much for other teams to want) Barnes hopefully will resign for a small figure.

Good bye jwilly, foyle and No-neck.

Hopefully Gundy is give walking orders and a real coach is signed (this is just a wish)

i like to see this line-up:

PG:NELSON/ARENAS

SG:CARTER/WADE

SF:LEWIS

PF:BOSH

C:HOWARD

i think this line-up will reach the 2011 NBA FINALS....GO GO MAGIC...beMAGIC

quote:
Originally posted by jbabc37:

i like to see this line-up:

PG:NELSON/ARENAS

SG:CARTER/WADE

SF:LEWIS

PF:BOSH

C:HOWARD

i think this line-up will reach the 2011 NBA FINALS....GO GO MAGIC...beMAGIC

Lottery team

Ok here is another doom and gloom crazy trade idea.

Toronto wants to take Turk and his 10 mil a season off there hands. They also want to work out a sign and Trade for Bosh. So here we go.

The main part of the trade would be Gortat, Lewis, and Anderson for Bosh and Turk. Now other players will have to be thrown in to make the numbers work. But with this trade Toronto gets rid of Turks 4 years left of a bad contract and trades it for Lewis 2 years left of a bad contract. Toronto also gets a something they never had in a strong hard nose starting center in Gortat. They also get a young and up and coming PF in Anderson who fits into they way they play. Magic get Turk back in hopes that he can get back to his old tricks, while also getting a PF in Bosh that can hit the outside J, play inside, and help Dwight Rebound.

Toronto

Gortat

Bargnani Anderson

Lewis

Derozen

Calderone

Orlando

Howard Free Agent Dare I say Shaq

Bosh Bass

Turk Peaches

Carter JJ

Nelson Draft Pick

I think we need someone who's actually won a championship. Someone from that Pistons team would work: Rip or Prince.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

troll is about attitude and intent, not whether you were correct or not.

Feel free to take your opinions elsewhere.

You meant like this?

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

I hate turkey. I dont even recognize istanbul. Its all Constantinople in my mind.