Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Root Problem ... System or Players?

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

bill simmons thinks we need to run a nelson-jj-lewis-gortat-dwight lineup

As much as I loathe Bill Simmons I think he is right on this one. Lewis should have been playing at SF against this team from the get go and JJ is the only player we have that seems to excel against the Celtics.

I believe that Gortat's D will be exposed to no end against anyone not named Sheldon Williams though. I always thought his D was overrated but this series he has been beaten over and over again.

another point, there isn't some magical system that will make us good against every team.

When we face a team that can sit back on our shooters while keeping dwight ineffective we need some players that can say F' the offense, I'm putting our team on my back and getting us through this series.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

another point, there isn't some magical system that will make us good against every team.

When we face a team that can sit back on our shooters while keeping dwight ineffective we need some players that can say F' the offense, I'm putting our team on my back and getting us through this series.

I think Lewis would have been able to post up Pierce all night long.

Bottom line:

1. Paul Pierce > Vince Carter

Carter shot 36% from the field and 21% from three against Boston.

Pierce shot 51% from the field and 44% from three.

Who is the better wing and go-to guy?

2. Lewis primaraily was a no-show vs Boston on the offensive end.

Lewis shot 33% from the field and 17% from three.

Conclusion: both of our star wings were manhandled and shut down by Boston. At times, each flashed but overall they were unreliable. At the very least, I think Vince needs to be moved (if possible). Hopefully, we play Lewis a lot more at SF next year.

I was thinking about the Lewis at SF thing and I think that if Pierce is quick enough to defend 3's then Shard should be also.

Rashard is the one that bug's me the most, he just looks scared to put the ball on the floor. The sad thing is when he does it he is a much better piece for us.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

I was thinking about the Lewis at SF thing and I think that if Pierce is quick enough to defend 3's then Shard should be also.

Rashard is the one that bug's me the most, he just looks scared to put the ball on the floor. The sad thing is when he does it he is a much better piece for us.

I really hope Bass learns to play team ball (offense and defense) so we can try a tradional line-up next year. Bass has the range, energy and toughness, he just seems to lack the bb iq.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Bottom line:

1. Paul Pierce > Vince Carter

Carter shot 36% from the field and 21% from three against Boston.

Pierce shot 51% from the field and 44% from three.

Who is the better wing and go-to guy?

2. Lewis primaraily was a no-show vs Boston on the offensive end.

Lewis shot 33% from the field and 17% from three.

Conclusion: both of our star wings were manhandled and shut down by Boston. At times, each flashed but overall they were unreliable. At the very least, I think Vince needs to be moved (if possible). Hopefully, we play Lewis a lot more at SF next year.

Pierce shot better for a number of reasons, they have a great passing pg one of the best maybe even #2 behind Nash in terms of finding the open guy.

Vince didn't have that, the only shots he could take were ones he created for himself and against the Boston defense you can't run through them.

But I %100 agree that Vince didn't play to his potential and that he let a lot of his fans down but it wasn't resting on his shoulders, with the number of shots he had been given which wasn't a lot. I still saw a lot of problems with how the magic played except for Dwight he played great the past 3 games and Jameer shot very good a couple of games.. but messed up last game badly.

Marc, please I-slap me if this sounds nuts. Given the Lakers' length, it seems to me we not only need a go-to guy but a tough, tall, tradional line-up. Could Howard and Tat play together for long periods? From what I just saw, not really. Bass and Howard? Who knows?

Consequently, would we ever consider a trade with Toronto for Bosh? Would they take back Lewis if they could also dump Turk? Probably not, given they have a Euro Lewis in AB. But a Lewis, MP, and Bass or Tat for Turk and Bosh would appear to work. We'd get stuck with Turk but have a nasty core of Nelson, Bosh and Howard.

Man, I'm sounding deperate. Forgive me.

quote:
Originally posted by cpower:

It simply doesnt work against the celts or lakers. It would look better if Dwight can dominate the paint and give Shard some open looks. But with the poor performance Dwight has put on against single coverage, we cant win anything

How can u blame Howard? Lewis had plenty of open looks.

Howard did a good job. I admit at times he could have hustled just a bit harder but he put his job in. It's up to the others to earn up to their paychecks and not lean on Howard to do it for them. Create your own shot for 120 million dollars.

I like Lewis but if we could get rid of him I would. He hustled hard the last game but we need more than hustling for that money he's getting. He had like 7 pts and 8 rebounds for about $20 million a year? That's hurting us.

As for Carter: WE just need consistency and that doesn't just apply to him. Carter is another person on the team making a lot of money. He makes like 16-17 million a year. We need more than 17 points in big games.

I'd say Stan's coaching hurt us in at least 2 of the games we lost. He didn't make the proper adjustments and sub at the right times.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Rashard is not going to assert himself in this system. It is sad to say, but he lacks the mental toughness to carry a team to the next level, without it being forced upon him or made easy for him! I love the guy, I think if he is going to agree to play out of position, then he should develop a stronger/banging style.....or force Stan to put him back at the 3 position, or bring him off the bench to face the bench players of the oposing teams. 6th man!