Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Root Problem ... System or Players?

I am curious what you guys think is the big hurdle with the Magic. Is it an issue of having the wrong system with the stretch power forward in Lewis? Or is it an issue of having the wrong players, like Nelson, Lewis, or someone else?

My answer is, "yes," but if I had to lean one way it would be the system. I want the Magic to play a traditional line-up precisely for the playoffs against Celtics and the Lakers. I am curious what the rest of you think.

I am curious what you guys think is the big hurdle with the Magic. Is it an issue of having the wrong system with the stretch power forward in Lewis? Or is it an issue of having the wrong players, like Nelson, Lewis, or someone else?

My answer is, "yes," but if I had to lean one way it would be the system. I want the Magic to play a traditional line-up precisely for the playoffs against Celtics and the Lakers. I am curious what the rest of you think.

It simply doesnt work against the celts or lakers. It would look better if Dwight can dominate the paint and give Shard some open looks. But with the poor performance Dwight has put on against single coverage, we cant win anything

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

replace vince and lewis with rudy gay and kevin love and we do fine

I agree lewis and carter need to go! would love wade,but thats not likely to happen.

GO MAGIC!!!

quote:
Originally posted by cpower:

It simply doesnt work against the celts or lakers. It would look better if Dwight can dominate the paint and give Shard some open looks. But with the poor performance Dwight has put on against single coverage, we cant win anything

Agreed, but should have been prepared to play a game style to combate those types of teams.

I agree wholeheartedly. This team can not win a championship with this style and with this core of pansy players. Wade is the only hope.

Hard to say really. I think the system would work if Howard was just more dominant; but at the same time, we don't really have the player that can dissect Boston's defense.

This team has been taken apart because of the stubbornness of the system. The inability to identify and adjust accordingly. The advantage they think they have has not worked since game 1, yet they continue to milk it.

Agreed. This stretch 4 BS needs to go. Kevin love would be the perfect compliment to Dwight. Big and strong with the gift of rebounding. His D isn't great but did I mention he is big and strong with the gift of rebounding? He has an excellent shot from the the outside. No way this guy gets bullied by these Celtics.

I am not a big Gay fan but anything at that SF position would be an improvement offensively. He isn't known to play D but Stan would get something out of him. Lord knows he is athletic enough.

It's sad that these guys will never play here.