Sign in to follow this  
BMP

Red Dead Redemption

Can you not dead eye the two cougars in the legs to weaken them, then knife them both??

I bought this last thursday but have been at work for 7 seven straight days everyone is so much further on than me. I've only just done the wagon racing with that medicine con artist guy.

I do agree with one of the previous posts though. It's way to easy to headshot people in this game and I have the aiming on expert.

I have two days off work now though so I have a feeling my girlfriend is going to feel a tad neglected icon_biggrin.gif

Also, has anyone done anything thats pretty amazing by accident? I had a guy attacking someone in a town while I was on top of a building, I jumped off, landed on my horse (which I didn't know you could do) and lassooed him before he knew what was going on lol.

quote:
Originally posted by crisby pancakes:

Can you not dead eye the two cougars in the legs to weaken them, then knife them both??

Yes, only the killing blow has to be from the knife.

You later get a mission to kill a grizzly bear with your knife. I shot it 6 times before I finally got off my horse to try to stab it.

have you all tried forming a posse or something to play multiplayer? i haven't gotten the game as of yet, but i'm watching the youtube videos to decide.

Ok, something kind of weird just happened to me. One of you guys should try to replicate this.

I just unlocked the third area, so I decided to do a little exploring/hunting around Tall Trees. Eventually, I got attacked by a grizzly. It killed my horse, but I was able to kill it before it could get me. So I skin that one, and another one comes at me. I kill and skin it. Another one charges. Same thing.

Every time I skinned a grizzly, another one would spawn and attack me. When it ended, I had killed 17 grizzlies.

Here's what the aftermath looked like:

GEDC1892.jpg

And this is where I was:

GEDC1893.jpg

I thought I was going to get the achievement for killing 18 of them, but I fell one short. Someone else needs to go up there and see if it happens to them. I kind of want to know if it was just a one-off glitch, or if that particular area will spawn grizzly bears like crazy.

EDIT: I thought it was over, but it wasn't. After I posted this, I started to ride away from the pile of bear corpses and was attacked again. I got 6 more before I got tired of it and decided to just get the hell out of there.

i'm guessing it's one of those things where they put the achivement in and people wonder, when am i going to run into 18 grizzlies at the same time???... and bam, it hits ya.

Man, you can see the ending of the game from a mile away, but you just hope that's not what's going to happen... sigh

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Man, you can see the ending of the game from a mile away, but you just hope that's not what's going to happen... sigh

They hit the emotional context of the ending perfectly. Even knowing it was going to happen for about the last 5 hours of the game, I was still struck by it emotionally when it happened. It was like the end of a really good movie.

The sort of Epilogue stranger mission one-upped it though.