Sign in to follow this  
BMP

THE ANGRY POSTGAME THREAD MAY 22nd - bump for game 3 - time for off-season talk????

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

quote:
Originally posted by PrematureShooter:

JJ makes a bad decision and everyone wants to kill him. Vince misses a couple FTs and everyone wants him dead. Those FTs are no more important than the ones MP and Dwight miss over the course of the game, but are simply magnified based on the situation. I realize Vince was brought here to be our closer, to MAKE the FTs at the end of the game, but pressure is a ***** and **** happens. The blame must be placed over the whole team, not individuals.

No but's dude....you state yourself that VC is brought in to close then you let him off the hook when he FAILS miserably....he choked. All those regular season paychecks mean little if he cannot deliver in May/June. JJ and VC fell apart at the end. Period.

VC=bust

I'm not letting Vince off the hook. He missed the FTs when we needed them most and when the spotlight was on him. However, in a 48 minute game the blame cannot be set solely on the shoulders of someone who missed a pair of FTs with 30 seconds left. Everyone comes in here wanting to single out one person when the fact of the matter is that EVERY player does several things wrong over the course of a game. JJ's an easy target, as is Vince, as is Shard, but players don't get L's by their names; teams do.

Who woulda guessed your return to the boards would be bashing Vince? Welcome back.

quote:

echo: I wasn't very welcome here and called every name in the book. Mistreated to no end....oh well. I can reset 100 posts of mine where I siad that this team was not built for the playoffs....half court offense, half court defense. We just weren't good enough. Hell, SVG said we were a jump shooting team. He knew it...I knew it....I told.....nevermind....nevermind.

Otis blew up a finals team....what does he do this year?

Not built for the playoffs?

Lets really sit here and think about this. We're in the ECF. We're one of the top 4 teams in the league during the season. We're one of the last 4 teams alive in the playoffs.

Its not like we're Dallas getting bounced out of the first round or Cleveland getting ousted in the second.

Im not saying we should be satisfied with a potential knocked out before the finals but seriously lets look at this team through the lens of realism instead of the pessimism you always subscribe to.

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

quote:

Seems like there was better chemistry last year...hmmmm.....I must have imagined it.

Lee, Hedo, Alston ...are missed?

Not at all. I cannot stand VC, but I disliked Hedo just as much. Lee did nothing against Boston last year, and Alston....really? Jameer has been amazing in the playoffs before last night and we are crying for Rafer Alston?

quote:

echo: I wasn't very welcome here and called every name in the book. Mistreated to no end....oh well. I can reset 100 posts of mine where I siad that this team was not built for the playoffs....half court offense, half court defense. We just weren't good enough. Hell, SVG said we were a jump shooting team. He knew it...I knew it....I told.....nevermind....nevermind.

Otis blew up a finals team....what does he do this year?

Were you here and saying any of this during the sweeps of Charlotte and Atlanta? That would have been the time to post this theory, complete with premonitions of what would happen in the later rounds.

But if not, you simply look like the free safety piling on after the play is over.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

quote:

Seems like there was better chemistry last year...hmmmm.....I must have imagined it.

Lee, Hedo, Alston ...are missed?

Not at all. I cannot stand VC, but I disliked Hedo just as much. Lee did nothing against Boston last year, and Alston....really? Jameer has been amazing in the playoffs before last night and we are crying for Rafer Alston?

Don't get me wrong, I don't miss them either! We'll get our act together and win two in Boston!

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

The next couple of games will be telling. Would Otis make a big trade this summer if we get beaten? Outside of Dwight, this team is taking a smack down, though still keeping it close. Lewis especially is being seriously worked over by KG and company.

KG is averaging 9 points in this series after averaging 20 on Cleveland. Is that what you call getting worked over? His defense has been fine. His shot simply isn't falling which you could say the same thing about Jameer, Vince, and Pietrus as well.

From what I've seen, Lewis' help defense has been terrible. Plus, I'd take KG's 9 pts and 10 bds over Lewis' 5.5 pts and 5.5 bds any day. Now others are not stepping up either, but he is paid to be the man.

This team is so close to being the best. I wish we had a player or two that had actually won the whole thing (we don't, do we?). I'm warming to the idea of signing Fisher as the back-up pg for next year. He is old but knows what it takes to win.

quote:

This team is so close to being the best. I wish we had a player or two that had actually won the whole thing (we don't, do we?). I'm warming to the idea of signing Fisher as the back-up pg for next year. He is old but knows what it takes to win.

JWill... lol.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

JWill... lol.

He's really shown his age lately. The guy has been totally a non factor these entire playoffs.

If only he had been our starter from day 1 like so many suggested, maybe he'd be better now.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

JWill... lol.

He's really shown his age lately. The guy has been totally a non factor these entire playoffs.

If only he had been our starter from day 1 like so many suggested, maybe he'd be better now.

seriously... if only we were smart enough to take BJs advice and bench Jameer for JWill, we'd be up 2-0.

A bit off topic, I bet Nick Anderson feels a little bit better now.

I hope you are kidding about Fisher. Do you really think a guy that has had the luxury to play with Kobe and Pau Gasol "knows what it takes to win?"