Sign in to follow this  
BMP

THE ANGRY POSTGAME THREAD MAY 22nd - bump for game 3 - time for off-season talk????

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

quote:
Originally posted by Wes_Mantooth:

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:
Originally posted by bigpimpatl:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

I am not angry. I am sad. This, I feel, was our best shot at a title in our history. I've been waiting years and years for a title, and I'm sure older fans have been waiting even longer. This is a sad day. We can't have one championship, and are very close to losing to a franchise that has enough titles that they aren't even special anymore. I just wanted one. And I feel our best chance is slipping away.

na man it aint over till its over man, keep believing. I'm sad too.

Think about it this way: only 8 teams in the NBA have ever won championships. What an elite group of teams, and we can be that 9th team. BELIEVE.

Only 8? Holy ****. I wonder if that is the lowest of the 4 major sports.

off the top of my head...

lakers

spurs

heat

bulls

celtics

rockets

pistons

sonics

blazers

yeah...i'll just go ahead and stop at 9

Sixers

Bullets

got those in the next post...i'll just round out the still existing teams with the knicks and call it a night.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

quote:

quote:

How long have I been saying JJ sucks? He ****ing blows but Stan Van Goofball loves to play him all the time instead of a perfect *** Peaches on the beach.

Up until that last boneheaded play JJ was playing better then anyone not named Dwight Howard in that game.

I usually agree with you but bs he was ****ing lost most of the time dude.

16 points 4 assists and 5 rebounds from a bench player is lost? Again man none of it matters after that last play but I'll take him over the egg that Vince, Rashard, and Jameer all laid.

Those stats look nice but why was he handling the ball? he mad alot of stupid decisions. We made that mistake before in the finals last year why do it again?

quote:

Those stats look nice but why was he handling the ball? he mad alot of stupid decisions. We made that mistake before in the finals last year why do it again?

He was handling the ball because our two supposed point guards J will and Jameer couldn't do a **** thing.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I am not angry. I am sad. This, I feel, was our best shot at a title in our history. I've been waiting years and years for a title, and I'm sure older fans have been waiting even longer. This is a sad day. We can't have one championship, and are very close to losing to a franchise that has enough titles that they aren't even special anymore. I just wanted one. And I feel our best chance is slipping away.

Think about it this way: only 8 teams in the NBA have ever won championships. What an elite group of teams, and we can be that 9th team. BELIEVE.

lakers

spurs

heat

bulls

celtics

rockets

pistons

sonics

blazers

yea, we can go back all the way to the 50's if you want sure. But the game was way different back then. And not just a few rules here and there, it was radically different.

My point still stands, only a few teams have really made their mark as NBA champions, and in this era if you don't have that super all star player or an elite squad, your toast.

even if we count from the 90s, it was only a handful of teams that won:

LA

Houston

Chicago

SA

Detroit

Boston

and miami struck gold.

so for the last 20 years, basically 6 teams have been able to reach the promised land. All those teams have had Superstars and HOF'ers. We have a superstar in the making, and I just hope he can reach that level soon.

This Magic Team Is So Silly That We Will Take The Next 2 Games In Boston...Mark My Words!!

I Have Not Sat Up Till 5am Every Game For The Past 8 Months To Start Giving Up Now!!!

I Still Believe In My Magic!!!

Lets Go Magic....All The Way From London UK!!

quote:
Originally posted by MaGiC:

I wouldn't blame Carter for not making freethrows and redick not calling timeout. I would blame VanGundy and Lewis for this game.

how do you blame SVG? He didn't miss the FTs. He's not the one to dribble to halfcourt, then call the timeout. He's not the one forcing bad shots.

the F' outta here.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

lakers

spurs

heat

bulls

celtics

rockets

pistons

sonics

blazers

yea, we can go back all the way to the 50's if you want sure. But the game was way different back then. And not just a few rules here and there, it was radically different.

My point still stands, only a few teams have really made their mark as NBA champions, and in this era if you don't have that super all star player or an elite squad, your toast.

even if we count from the 90s, it was only a handful of teams that won:

LA

Houston

Chicago

SA

Detroit

Boston

and miami struck gold.

so for the last 20 years, basically 6 teams have been able to reach the promised land.

no...i agree with the overall point. In the last 30 years i think 8 teams have won. That's just beyond absurd.

^ it's a very elite club, that's for sure. God willing we can make it there, and be immortalized forever. That's all. That's why i'm not ready to call it in yet, and neither should any of us. We need to support this team, b/c they are giving it their all and we have to BELIEVE we will succeed.

quote:
Originally posted by London Magic:

This Magic Team Is So Silly That We Will Take The Next 2 Games In Boston...Mark My Words!!

I Have Not Sat Up Till 5am Every Game For The Past 8 Months To Start Giving Up Now!!!

I Still Believe In My Magic!!!

Lets Go Magic....All The Way From London UK!!

i seen your post...props for the london magic love..i feel u on the time zone too..been to london 3 times before...can't wait to go back...

quote:

How long have I been saying JJ sucks? He ****ing blows but Stan Van Goofball loves to play him all the time instead of a perfect *** Peaches on the beach.

I'm probably more upset now than I was after game 4 of the Finals last year, and I knew the boards would be full of people like me, dejected after such a defeat. I knew there would be some stupid posts based on emotion. However, this post is so astronomically stupid I feel obligated to say something.

JJ made 1 mistake. It was a very bad, costly mistake. Besides that he's played great for 2 straight games, the majority of the season, and he is far and away our smartest player. Mickael Pietrus has the basketball IQ of laundry detergent. To suggest that MP, who can't get open, can't make free throws, and can't play defense despite setting a goal to be on the all-defensive team this year, should be playing in crunch time over JJ is literally so stupid it hurts me to even think about it.

JJ makes a bad decision and everyone wants to kill him. Vince misses a couple FTs and everyone wants him dead. Those FTs are no more important than the ones MP and Dwight miss over the course of the game, but are simply magnified based on the situation. I realize Vince was brought here to be our closer, to MAKE the FTs at the end of the game, but pressure is a ***** and **** happens. The blame must be placed over the whole team, not individuals.

Bottom line, it's the Celtics that make us look bad, we're not just killing ourselves. Sure we're doing dumb stuff, but there is a reason, a suffocating defense and great offensive ball movement will make any team look inept. Unless we can make some serious adjustments on both ends we're in trouble. Gotta believe though, it takes 4 to win the series, not 2.