Sign in to follow this  
petey

are we rooting for grant hill?

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

I'm actually rooting for the Celti I mean Magic...

you could have easily edited this

im not falling for your BS

Anyone against the Lakers. I like Nash and the Suns. I also like Grant Hill. His last move out was kinda bad, but I still like the guy

Well as Steve Nash is one of only two players in this league I have a jersey of who is not on the Magic (the other being D-Wade) that shows how much I like the Suns. So yeah I'm cheering for them, since you combine that with my dislike of the Lakers.

That and unlike most Magic fans I have no enmity towards Grant Hill at all. I can't hate on a dude who got screwed over by the team he played for and screwed up his ankle when he was one of the best players in the game. He then came here saw his career get ripped to shreds and people treat him like crap. He went under the knife 6 times to try and get it fixed, if that had been me I would have given up after the second. And still he came back and managed to make the all star team. At least Grant never gave up.

And I don't blame him for wanting to leave either. His career as one of the better players in the game ended in Orlando and a lot of promise went down the drain when McGrady left. A lot of bad memories for the man so if he wanted a fresh start so be it. He doesn't owe this town crap. And he continues to be one of the biggest class acts in the league. I think the way we as fans treat him is incredibly disrespectful.