Sign in to follow this  
TreyTime

Game 2 (This series is over) 5/18/10

Thanks for the thoughts guys, let's hope for a proving Magic win tonight. Blue and White IGNITE! I sure need something happy to happen tonight for me.

I read in the Sentinel that a reporter ticked off Vince by mentioning a Celtics sweep? Here's a history lesson for some of you younglings. After the bombing of Pearl Harbor, Admiral Yamamoto was quoted as saying

"I fear that all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The media's question may have been like pouring fuel on kindling. Vince is due for a 40 point game.

quote:
The trick shots that had become a ritual after Orlando Magic practices were gone Monday. So were the usual jokes and playful banter.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/pr...5nYcB?gid=2010051819

Lets come out strong right from the gate. Last game was terrible for us and we still lost by only 4 points. We need to send a message to the Celts, that we aren't to be played with. Hit em hard Magic!

Here's to hoping Orlando play as we know they can from the first tip off and not the fourth quarter. They do that, we win the game. Let's show Boston there's still heart and hustle in this team!!

I'm so pumped for this game right now . . . c'mon Magic smile_superman.gif

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Treytime I think it's a good thread that everyone understands... but for the Eastern Conference Finals?

Once we get this far in the playoffs, the majority aren't looking for your debbie downer/sarcastic humor. That's really for the dog days of the regular season or even early in the playoffs.. but when you get to the final four teams in the NBA and a Championship is on most people are just looking to get fired up before the game.

I mean look, I don't mind, I consider myself a Grade A Smartass. And if I want to get fired up pre-game there's always youtube. But I found out the hard way that when it comes to making Game Threads, the average forum member isn't looking for subtle humor. They just want to celebrate the team and whatnot.

Especially this time of year. *shrug*

Oh and by the way:

Boston 89

Orlando 97

(Magic better win this game come hell or high water, by 1 or by 30, otherwise it's officially time for Magic Nation to panic, instead of the usual premature panic-ulation around here and on ESPN.)

I will end you elf ****er...

I just hope VC is half as angry at the Celtics as you apparently are about your GT reaction.

You'll be aight.

if dwight gets frustrated again, would it be crazy to play bass at the 5 for a bit in this game?

1-nelson

2-vc

3-barnes/pietrus

4-shard

5-bass

i'm trying to think how atlanta killed the celtics 4 times during the season - maybe we could try going small like them? plus, i bet bass would powerhouse perkins.