Sign in to follow this  
Faux Hawk

Magic have to get it done this year!!!

A few things to note as to why the Magic should be playing with a sense of urgency.

1st - is you never know how many chances you will get to win it all, just ask Charles Barkley and Karl Malone.

2nd - It should be in the minds of the players this is their chance to close the "Orena" down the right way.

3rd - Considering how the balance of power could take a monumental shift this year, the Magic need to get that first Ship so they can have that confidence heading in to next year that they are the team to beat no matter what any other team does.

I started thinking about it. What makes the most sense for potential free agents. I wanted to just put a few things out there on the big names and what makes the most "Basketball" sense.

Lebron and Bosh to Jersey. The best team to go to for Lebron is the Nets. You could list the litany of basketball reasons starting with their roster and potential top pick to the fact they have a boat load of cap room and could sign two top free agents. Just think, you know BC in Toronto would S&T Bosh if he thought he would lose him for nothing. He would easily take a package of say CDR, Yi Jianlian and some filler versus getting nothing. So Jersey could easily "Net" Lebron and Bosh.

Wade & Shaq to Chicago. They play well together. Noah is more of a 4 than a 5. THis is the best the Bulls could hope for without trading off players.

Johnson & Amare to Miami. If Miami loses Wade to his hometown of Chicago, they have to move fast. Bringing in Florida Native Amare and now to be cheap Joe Johnson would be a good consolation prize. It allows them to NOT gut anymore of their roster and can use Beasley as Trade bait.

CJ Watson, Jermaine O'Neal and/or TMAC to Orlando. All of these players want a chance at a ship and easily fit in to what the Magic are doing long term and short term. I like the idea of adding O'Neal because he showed he has some left in the tank this past season.

NY Knicks get nothing. I cannot see what players will want to go there unless they get a top talent like LeBron.

A few things to note as to why the Magic should be playing with a sense of urgency.

1st - is you never know how many chances you will get to win it all, just ask Charles Barkley and Karl Malone.

2nd - It should be in the minds of the players this is their chance to close the "Orena" down the right way.

3rd - Considering how the balance of power could take a monumental shift this year, the Magic need to get that first Ship so they can have that confidence heading in to next year that they are the team to beat no matter what any other team does.

I started thinking about it. What makes the most sense for potential free agents. I wanted to just put a few things out there on the big names and what makes the most "Basketball" sense.

Lebron and Bosh to Jersey. The best team to go to for Lebron is the Nets. You could list the litany of basketball reasons starting with their roster and potential top pick to the fact they have a boat load of cap room and could sign two top free agents. Just think, you know BC in Toronto would S&T Bosh if he thought he would lose him for nothing. He would easily take a package of say CDR, Yi Jianlian and some filler versus getting nothing. So Jersey could easily "Net" Lebron and Bosh.

Wade & Shaq to Chicago. They play well together. Noah is more of a 4 than a 5. THis is the best the Bulls could hope for without trading off players.

Johnson & Amare to Miami. If Miami loses Wade to his hometown of Chicago, they have to move fast. Bringing in Florida Native Amare and now to be cheap Joe Johnson would be a good consolation prize. It allows them to NOT gut anymore of their roster and can use Beasley as Trade bait.

CJ Watson, Jermaine O'Neal and/or TMAC to Orlando. All of these players want a chance at a ship and easily fit in to what the Magic are doing long term and short term. I like the idea of adding O'Neal because he showed he has some left in the tank this past season.

NY Knicks get nothing. I cannot see what players will want to go there unless they get a top talent like LeBron.

By the way it feels good to have a team that just can add small pieces in the offseason, instead of having to find multiple big pieces.

oh the horror of the days of DeClerq and Garrity. It still gives me nightmares.

I still think we should offer up a package of

Lewis, Gortat & JJ for Bosh and Hedo.

I know we would not get Bosh for nothing. But to trade a starting Center, a starting PF and a top 6th man to the Raptors for Bosh who will walk and the bloated contract of Hedo makes a lot of sense for both teams.

Only reason why Lewis's numbers were down this year was because the team had to share the ball a lot more with a deep Bench and Vince Carter.

Heck I would throw in Anderson or Bass to make that trade happen. It makes so much sense for both teams.

quote:
Originally posted by Faux Hawk:

By the way it feels good to have a team that just can add small pieces in the offseason, instead of having to find multiple big pieces.

oh the horror of the days of DeClerq and Garrity. It still gives me nightmares.

I still think we should offer up a package of

Lewis, Gortat & JJ for Bosh and Hedo.

I know we would not get Bosh for nothing. But to trade a starting Center, a starting PF and a top 6th man to the Raptors for Bosh who will walk and the bloated contract of Hedo makes a lot of sense for both teams.

Only reason why Lewis's numbers were down this year was because the team had to share the ball a lot more with a deep Bench and Vince Carter.

Heck I would throw in Anderson or Bass to make that trade happen. It makes so much sense for both teams.

You just lost all credibility... smile_beatcomp.gif

quote:

1st - is you never know how many chances you will get to win it all, just ask Charles Barkley and Karl Malone. Right. That was their problem. They didn't want it badly enough.

2nd - It should be in the minds of the players this is their chance to close the "Orena" down the right way. If any of the players give a **** about the Orena's legacy, they should be electro-shocked for their own good.

3rd - Considering how the balance of power could take a monumental shift this year, the Magic need to get that first Ship so they can have that confidence heading in to next year that they are the team to beat no matter what any other team does. By that logic, we should cancel the playoffs since the Lakers already started their dynasty last season.

I started thinking about it. What makes the most sense for potential free agents. I wanted to just put a few things out there on the big names and what makes the most "Basketball" sense. Oh boy.

Lebron and Bosh to Jersey. The best team to go to for Lebron is the Nets. Seriously? You could list the litany of basketball reasons "Brook Lopez" is a litany of reasons? starting with their roster which just won 12 games out of 82. and potential top pick which they're not guaranteed to get, and if they did it would necessitate them trading their best player, Harris, away. to the fact they have a boat load of cap room given the minimum player salary CAP hold, they have enough for about 1.5 max deals. and could sign two top free agents. That's only true if they can get one to agree to 8m a season. Just think, you know BC in Toronto would S&T Bosh if he thought he would lose him for nothing. Not to a division rival, he wouldn't. He would easily take a package of say CDR, Yi Jianlian and some filler versus getting nothing. And that filler would be what exactly? Even taking into account that that trade package absolutely blows, you're still about 10m short in matching player salaries to a potential Bosh max deal. So Jersey could easily "Net" Lebron and Bosh. They really couldn't.

Wade & Shaq to Chicago. Wade is likely staying in Miami, and no way on Earth does any team sign Shaq to start and think he'll contribute. They play well together. Noah is more of a 4 than a 5. No, he isn't. At least not in today's NBA. THis is the best the Bulls could hope for without trading off players. The Bulls would happily trade away Deng and Hinrich.

Johnson & Amare to Miami. If Miami loses Wade to his hometown of Chicago, they have to move fast. Bringing in Florida Native Amare and now to be cheap Joe Johnson would be a good consolation prize. Johnson will still get a max deal because too many teams have money to throw around. He won't play for a discount because he won't have to, and why would Amare want to play for a Heat team that doesn't have Wade? It allows them to NOT gut anymore of their roster and can use Beasley as Trade bait. They can't even give Beasley away, and they're actively trying to. When a #2 pick is worth more as CAP space than talent less than 2 years later, you know the player is valueless.

CJ Watson, Jermaine O'Neal and/or TMAC to Orlando. Tmac? Really? Did you see what he was like for the Knicks? Also, where is the money coming for this? The Magic have the MLE, at least half of which will have to go to Barnes if they're keeping him, and the BAE. All of these players want a chance at a ship and easily fit in to what the Magic are doing long term and short term. I like the idea of adding O'Neal because he showed he has some left in the tank this past season. O'neal also had one of the worst post-seasons in NBA history.

NY Knicks get nothing. I cannot see what players will want to go there unless they get a top talent like LeBron. Did you just write a statement and contradict it in the same sentence?

I honestly don't think there will be much moving around this summer.

Bosh and Johnson are most likely changing addresses. I see Amare staying in PHX.

LeBron.. I don't know. Honestly. I think he might stay. Maybe Cleveland can convince him to do so and S/T for someone to ease his suffering. Wade I see staying too.. but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Chitown.

But one thing is for sure... I do NOT want Jermaine O'Neal in a Magic uniform after I witnessed his performance in the first round. Failur

Hedo for Shard? Thats just horrible. I like Bosh but we have to adjust our entire plans since he cant shoot the threes. But Hedo is useless at this point, he is close to be retired and he will eat our salary cap for 5 years to come

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

I honestly don't think there will be much moving around this summer.

Bosh and Johnson are most likely changing addresses. I see Amare staying in PHX.

LeBron.. I don't know. Honestly. I think he might stay. Maybe Cleveland can convince him to do so and S/T for someone to ease his suffering. Wade I see staying too.. but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Chitown.

But one thing is for sure... I do NOT want Jermaine O'Neal in a Magic uniform after I witnessed his performance in the first round. Failur

I love our team right now and think we will win the Ship this year. But looking to the offseason and realizing we have salary issues in Barnes, JJ and JWill, you have to look at what can be done and still make the team better.

quote:

Toronto actually gets a starting Center and then can move Bargnani back to his natural SF position.

At least now I understand why last time you argued this, you went with the guy at the bar story. Your ideas are laughably retarded.