Sign in to follow this  
Natesroom

Atlanta Hawks Coach to Be Let Go

quote:
As expected, the Hawks will not retain the services of head coach Mike Woodson, with an official announcement expected later on Friday.

The Hawks' record improved every year under Woody, but the team was never able to advance past the second round of the playoffs. Woodson has been linked to the Philly job opening, but it remains to be seen if he'll actually land it. Woodson and Cleveland's Mike Brown have been under intense scrutiny over the past few years, and it's also possible both guys could struggle to find another head coaching job.

I don't think you can blame Woodson totally, but whatever.

i didnt see that one comming i thought woodson has done a great job over the years incresing atlantas win percentage and making them a true contender in the east.

i just guess for him faceing a red hot cavs then magic the second round with no hope of advancing too much for the hawks front office.

if i was the GM of new jesery or one of those lottery teams looking for a coach i would be looking at him to build a programme.

I feel bad for Woodson. It was not really his fault that Hawks lost. Hawks had no chance to beat the Magic because of match ups, and would not have made a difference if P Jackson was the coach. I wonder if SVG will be fired if the Magic do not get past the ECF or the Finals.

lol, Woodson was a terrible coach who employed the Iso offense to the ground.

And I will NEVER feel bad for someone who makes that much money, unless they're getting castrated or worse.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

And I will NEVER feel bad for someone who makes that much money, unless they're getting castrated or worse.

Agreed, Woodson is a terrible coach. His offense is just give the ball to Joe on the wing and make something happen. And Billy Knight will forever be remembered selecting Marvin freakin' Williams as the 2nd pick. I don't even need to mention the players that came after him in that draft.

quote:
Originally posted by bigpimpatl:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Agreed, Woodson is a terrible coach. His offense is just give the ball to Joe on the wing and make something happen. And Billy Knight will forever be remembered selecting Marvin freakin' Williams as the 2nd pick. I don't even need to mention the players that came after him in that draft.

i dissagree with you both in the 6 years woodson was coach we never had less losses than his previous year.

04-05 13-69

05-06 26-56

06-07 30-52

07-08 37-45

08-09 47-35

09-10 53-29

terrible coaches dont climb the ladder year in year out no matter what game plan they employ.