Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official Game Thread: Magic vs. Leprechauns ECF GM1 5/16

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

So, how good is Fallout 3?

I have the GOTY edition on my shelf, unopened, and I refuse to open it for fear of becoming hooked and losing all touch with reality.

quote:
Originally posted by clarkn1237:

I'm giving the C's little to no credit after this win. They came out with a lot of emotion which was what I was expecting after there win over LeBron. But we flat out missed shots, they weren't all over us with a hand in our face the whole game, we just flat out played sloppy for 3 qtrs.

Come on...Boston suffocated the Magic defensively for 3 quarters. Every pass the Magic was contested, they prolly had a dozen or more deflections, there was no space on catches, & they shut down the paint. The turnovers the Magic made were forced. You can argue the Magic weren't prepared to play against that level of intensity...that was obvious, but Boston was on it.

quote:

It has more in common with earlier Bethesda games like Oblivion than the first two Fallout games, but it is very very good. However, the last act of the game is psychotically easy, since by that point you'll have the Grim Reaper's spirit skill. Still a fun game with a pleasantly dark sense of humor.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

It has more in common with earlier Bethesda games like Oblivion than the first two Fallout games, but it is very very good. However, the last act of the game is psychotically easy, since by that point you'll have the Grim Reaper's spirit skill. Still a fun game with a pleasantly dark sense of humor.

Oblivion has been OK, but a disappointment. I expect Fallout 3 to be a monumental leap forward.

How is Mass Effect 2? Is it worth getting back into Mass Effect?

I don't know whether I should buy that or Assassin's Creed... I've played a bit of Assassin's Creed but feel that if it's too good I'll have to buy the 2nd one (I've heard the storyline is incredible, much better than the Fallout series).

BUT, I'm also thinking about just GTA IV, because it's a game I don't have to really invest so much time on, and I've always loved GTA games, all of them. And having played this one at a friend's when it came out, I know it's a good game.

Ugh, I hate/love buying games. I'll probably just buy GTA IV since I already play enough Counterstrike 1.6, L4D2, and NBA 2k10, I probably won't be able to spend much time on another game.

Okay, good talking guys! Glad we could come up with a quick solution to all of this. Next up, how quickly will I be buying FIFA 10?

quote:
Originally posted by Netrunner2k2:

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf

I think the calls for JJ in the starting lineup are a premature overreaction. JJ defends Allen well, but he's a huge liability when Boston forces switches. The Magic can't defend Boston being undersized at 4 positions! I think this sentiment also overlooks the fact JJ was awful in the 1st half and excelled while the Magic were freerolling down huge. I like what JJ gives the Magic...but this is PANIC talk.

I don't think so. I think if Barnes' back was healthy there wouldn't be a discussion because he would have played more and likely better.

JJ moving to the starting lineup isn't an adjustment, its a premature lineup change that isn't necessary after a loss.

JJ played well, was a great spark off the bench but you just don't change everything you do because of a loss.

Stick with the lineup that got us where we are.

I was disappointed in this game but give credit where its due. The Celts played better defense in spurts than I saw in either of their other series.

We will make adjustments and return the favor. But no need for a significant lineup change quite yet

I'm not saying that because of a loss, I'm saying that because Barnes' back isn't good and that hindered him. The healthy lineup got this team where it is today. Like I said, if Barnes' back was OK, then it is a different story. If Barnes played like crap but was healthy, this wouldn't be a discussion. It is so it is.

If he can't go, then you bring Pietrus in and let him guard Pierce. Vince can not guard Pierce and would probably do a better job on Allen.

But JJ is fine where he is, working well with JWill and bringing that energy off the bench.

But we are up 1-0 if Dwight makes a couple of shots and we aren't having this discussion

Hey, you could be right and he is what we need to spark the team. It is true that if Dwight wasn't asleep this isn't a discussion.

However, I also know that JJ got the start and was on Allen last year and Allen didn't have a great series offensively for the most part. Neither did JJ for that matter (though I think JJ is better this year than last) and the Magic ended with the series win.

This is a clearly better Celtics team than last year. I'm not saying JJ couldn't guard Allen similar to last year. But I still go back to, I think we need to make more of an adjustment on Pierce and limit him. He handed it to us today.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

Oblivion has been OK, but a disappointment. I expect Fallout 3 to be a monumental leap forward.

How is Mass Effect 2? Is it worth getting back into Mass Effect?

ME2 is much more streamlined than ME1. It's basically a heist movie in game form. I enjoyed the hell out of it, but it might not be for everyone.

quote:

I don't know whether I should buy that or Assassin's Creed... I've played a bit of Assassin's Creed but feel that if it's too good I'll have to buy the 2nd one (I've heard the storyline is incredible, much better than the Fallout series).

BUT, I'm also thinking about just GTA IV, because it's a game I don't have to really invest so much time on, and I've always loved GTA games, all of them. And having played this one at a friend's when it came out, I know it's a good game.

Ugh, I hate/love buying games. I'll probably just buy GTA IV since I already play enough Counterstrike 1.6, L4D2, and NBA 2k10, I probably won't be able to spend much time on another game.

Okay, good talking guys! Glad we could come up with a quick solution to all of this. Next up, how quickly will I be buying FIFA 10?

If you can find the GOTY edition of Fallout 3 for a relatively decent price, go for it. It's a solid game, and while some of the expansions are hokey(the one with the aliens) or just stupid(the one in Pittsburgh), the game is fun and engaging. And on the plus side, I can tell you where **** near everything is.

quote:

I don't know who told you Assassin's Creed has an incredible story, but their reasons were misinformed. Assassin's Creed? A technical masterpiece, at least on looks. It's safe to say that I was in the minority, because I enjoyed tasks in that game that others deemed monotonous and repetitive. I loved the climbing system, the sense of scale, the environments and even the lackluster and simple combat system.

Assassin's Creed 2 is a tremendous improvement over its predecessor. The story isn't great, but it has excellent pacing, makes you care about the protagonist, and has you doing a bigger variety of things. The game is simply gorgeous; the blue sparkling waters of Venice are awe inspiring for a video game. There are much more varied elements of gameplay.

I liked the first one, and it's at bargain prices now, but if you are more of a casual gamer, I would completely forgo the first in favor of the 2nd.

I wouldn't prefer either over Fallout, though. Granted, I haven't played it yet.